Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual
Quote | Reply
I will run a 50k in 9 days, with lots of COVID-19 precautions, and the fields split up in small start groups based on speed projected.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A grassroots half-iron distance race on Nov. 15th; a sprint on Nov. 22nd to round out the year.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will run a marathon on October 18th (my first marathon without swim and bike first).
Small low key event with start groups based on race time.

Instagram and Strava: @lpstormo
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [Stormo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is crazy to hear that you have no previous stand alone marathon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grassroots 70.3 with a decent pro field and small purse on October 17th in Elizabethtown, NC. Was hoping for PTO support but not looking likely at this point. In theory there are some big names signed up (Tim O, RVB) but hard to know who's actually coming. Nice to have some kind of pro race on the east coast though!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Atomic Man 70.3 in Lenoir, TN this Sunday 0ct 4.

Ironman Haines FL 70.3 Dec 13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tempe 70.3 in 2 weeks, baby!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calvin386 wrote:

I raced Atomic Man the last two years. I hope you guys get better weather than we did. Cold and super foggy with about 10yds of visibility on the swim and cool drizzle in 2018. Might be my favorite run course that I've ever done though; scenic and rolling.

For some reason I can't get strava to load any pictures right now, but if you click through, you might be able to see how bad the fog was.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2786211223

Good luck in both races!
Last edited by: mgreer: Oct 1, 20 9:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing 3rd Sprint next weekend. Challenge Daytona in December.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
That is crazy to hear that you have no previous stand alone marathon

I know 😄 17 full distance triathlon but no stand alone marathon.
I guess low key events are the championship races in 2020 🙄

Instagram and Strava: @lpstormo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half marathon in Hendersonville NC on 10/10. Did 2 sprint triathlons there this summer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
103 mile gravel race in Tulsa, OK this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:
Calvin386 wrote:

I raced Atomic Man the last two years. I hope you guys get better weather than we did. Cold and super foggy with about 10yds of visibility on the swim and cool drizzle in 2018. Might be my favorite run course that I've ever done though; scenic and rolling.

For some reason I can't get strava to load any pictures right now, but if you click through, you might be able to see how bad the fog was.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2786211223

Good luck in both races!

Weather looks perfect with 45 in the morning and 70 in afternoon. I could see there being fog in the morning for sure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hagerstown Duathlon next weekend for me

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duathlon this coming Sunday, marathon the next Sunday. These will be my only two races of 2020.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Odyssey Austin SwimRun Nov 8th. Can’t wait!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman Portugal (Cascais), 7 November. Training and preparing as if the race will happen, but there is maybe a 50-50 chance that it will be cancelled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm racing a half-marathon with a small group of running friends in a few weeks. We got it sponsored by a brewery, so free beer after the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to this as well. It was out of the blue and located at a venue usually put on by another company. I'm excited to get to race, somewhat unprepared and hopefully get to see some pro's race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Castle Creek Olympic distance at Lake Pleasant, AZ this Saturday and AZ 70.3 in two weeks! Under trained, 5 pounds overweight and stoked to race!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [CamCom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best of luck to all racing this weekend
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced a 5km this week. It was a small race field, totally distanced with one athlete every 400m. I was drafting the guy in front of me 400m back and did not get Covid19 from him. Except the guy in front of me, was me.....5km self timed race on the track. I did a post disc injury PB:

https://connect.garmin.com/.../activity/5609374785

Race entry was free. I managed to get the entire thing done between two work meetings spaced apart by an hour.

I will also do 1x per week solo swim races and just put them in my training log. Eventually I hope I get to race other humans and not just do solo TT's. I wish I had a local bike hill climb that I could race every week or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did a local sprint this past weekend. Two more coming up in October.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nov 1, oilman north east of houston is still looking like its a go. im keeping my fingers crossed. im not in peak shape but thats fine... just excited to get out and do something.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've raced two real events so far this year. I'll be in the Tour de Clermont cycling event Oct 3, possibly the Mermaid 2 mi OWS Oct 11, and the 1/3rd GFT on Oct 24. I have more events scheduled for Nov and Dec.
Quote Reply

Prev Next