Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who here knows a lot about 3D printing
Quote | Reply
Is there someone on here who does a lot of 3D printing or is there anyone on here who can point me in the right direction of who I can talk to.

Specifically in regards to HDPE plastic
Quote Reply
Re: Who here knows a lot about 3D printing [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I 3D print pretty frequently for work, but not really with HDPE. What exactly are you trying to do?

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's kind of a pain in the butt in my experience. (albeit that wasn't extensive. Went back to PLA / ABS)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an intern about 15 feet from me that has multiple 3D printers at home and in his dorm room. I can ask him for information.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 years experience with FDM, SLA, DSLM printing as an engineer, optimizing parts for 3D printing and power user of the actual printers here with lots of experience inside and behind the black box for various manufacturers. What's your question?

Specialty plastics (flexible, HPDE, etc) require extra tuning by the designer and operator to get good results. Not impossible, but requires extra time and material to get the settings just right since ABS/PLA settings are usually too cold for HPDE and HPDE has poor self adhesion so layers often don't stick and the print fails. HPDE also shrinks about twice as much as ABS while cooling due to a much higher thermal expansion coefficient. Generally this needs to be fed back into the part design if you want to consistently print straight structures.
Quote Reply