Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team?
Quote | Reply
Lots of support for the chosen 4 athletes, but who here has what it takes?

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...y_Tri_Team_6747.html

That actually looks like more support than many folks have who race with "pro cards"

H
Last edited by: Herbert: Feb 26, 18 7:35
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many of those faster folks who might be fast enough for the Zwift team are probably already on some sort of tri team. I wonder how that could work.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know Dan Stubleski has put in the miles on Zwift. I've applied, so fingers crossed that he doesn't. lol
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am surely not fast enough, but I now at least train a bunch.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he did, check the other thread
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...y_Tri_Team_6747.html

That actually looks like more support than many folks have who race with "pro cards"

H

That's a cool AG program for sure! I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I didn't already have a coach and this program wasnt just about kona I'd certainly give it a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:

H

I'd be close if I were younger. And had different parents. And trained more. And...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve applied. I have decent times and metrics, but even then, I doubt I will get in with only two slots. Can’t hurt to apply though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I certainly don't have what it takes to get selected for it. But I would like to see a modified version of this where they take some average joe triathletes, structure a zwift academy of sorts, and then show the benefits/improvements that were made with these average joe's. I know they can't offer the same high level of support. But it seems like solid results with such an academy would bring even more attention to the zwift product mores that it already is. In fact, didn't we have a lot of discussion on this forum that genetics isn't as big a deal... and that it's more about who you train with, consistency, etc. So why bring on the elite AGs when they could show what a Zwift academy can do for the MOP athlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [stomponafrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stomponafrog wrote:
I certainly don't have what it takes to get selected for it. But I would like to see a modified version of this where they take some average joe triathletes, structure a zwift academy of sorts, and then show the benefits/improvements that were made with these average joe's. I know they can't offer the same high level of support. But it seems like solid results with such an academy would bring even more attention to the zwift product mores that it already is. In fact, didn't we have a lot of discussion on this forum that genetics isn't as big a deal... and that it's more about who you train with, consistency, etc. So why bring on the elite AGs when they could show what a Zwift academy can do for the MOP athlete.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [mooseknuckle69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sign up for the Academy, do the workouts, even if you don't selected, you'll likely see marked improvements in performance... The benefit of the Zwift Academies are far broader than for the few that rise to the top...
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The linked article and subsequent posts are about the new Specialized Zwift Academy that is limited to four top athletes with certain credentials. You don't just sign up for it and do it. The Zwift workouts (if that's what you're referring to) are a totally different thing that this new endeavor.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [stomponafrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the Zwift Tri Acadamy info page: "Not sure you want to qualify for Kona 2018, but still want to get fit? All Zwift Academy Tri workouts will be open to the public starting March"

So they are going to be making the workouts public
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome... thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I applied for it. Two of my favorites Specialized Bikes and Zwift. To get in the wind tunnel would be awesome. It would be simply amazing and a honor to represent the tri team. So I hope I get picked. I got a decent race results. 😊
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If not you - who will?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, I'm fast enough. I'm not sure, though, that I'm fast enough for long enough. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is fast enough for the Zwift Academy Tri Team? [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:
I applied for it. Two of my favorites Specialized Bikes and Zwift. To get in the wind tunnel would be awesome. It would be simply amazing and a honor to represent the tri team. So I hope I get picked. I got a decent race results. 😊

The understatement of year (thus far)!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#FakeNews

Jess wont approve of this anyway - and i think you need to start training outside
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
H

Yes, very much so, the exact thing I said to Eric when he posted about it. Probably better support for IM World Champs than a lot of the pros on the start line there. It is a really cool program, but like someone else pointed out, a lot of people that should/could take those slots are probably already on teams or have "deals" setup that contradict it. If Dan doesn't get one of the slots, then not sure who else would be a better candidate, good luck Dan!

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan - I ride a lot on Zwift, but it looks like every time I get on Zwift you're already on. I think you may ride more than pure cyclists. Hats off tho because you are a beast. Are you going to South Africa for the 70.3 championships?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I look forward to seeing the top 20 and hope they make the training day videos required of the top 20 public. That would be fun...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No I’m not going to South Africa to far and to expensive. Just going to concentrate on Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does Zwift keep track of lifetime miles? I’m pretty sure Dan will be right up there. He’s on AM and night. Mentally I don’t know how he does it but he’s highly motivating! I just started adding a few extra rides in the evening now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next