Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which wetsuit? Is there really a difference?
Quote | Reply
Need to purchase a new wetsuit and comparing the 2020 Zone 3 Vanquish ($850), Roka Maverick X "the world's fastest wetsuit" ($950) and the Blue Seventy "first out of the water" ($850). I currently have a Blue Seventy Helix which is several years old and needs to be replaced but doesn't look like much has changed with the newer version.

Zone3, Roka and Blue Seventy all seem to use similar design and material thickness in shoulders arms and chest panel etc, 1.5, .3 & 5. So why one over the other?? Any feedback is appreciated in helping with the decision.
Quote Reply
Re: Which wetsuit? Is there really a difference? [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any experience with Blue Seventy or Zone 3, but I can tell you my Roka wetsuit is hands-down more comfortable and flexible than the 2XU suit I had before it. I figure a happier swimmer makes a faster swimmer, so I'll call it faster too. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the suit that fits & feels the best on you even if that means ordering all 3, trying them on, testing them in the water then sending 2 back.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is wrong with your old one? Why not just repair it and keep using it? Most of my wetsuits are very old and perform just fine. I haven’t seen enough improvement in the last 5 years to warrant a replacement. Just some patching, gluing and zipper lube.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri3ba wrote:
Need to purchase a new wetsuit and comparing the 2020 Zone 3 Vanquish ($850), Roka Maverick X "the world's fastest wetsuit" ($950) and the Blue Seventy "first out of the water" ($850). I currently have a Blue Seventy Helix which is several years old and needs to be replaced but doesn't look like much has changed with the newer version.

Zone3, Roka and Blue Seventy all seem to use similar design and material thickness in shoulders arms and chest panel etc, 1.5, .3 & 5. So why one over the other?? Any feedback is appreciated in helping with the decision.

I'm not 100% sure but some of the top line suits sacrifices a bit of boyancy for flexibility, i hope you are aware of this! Aka if you are a bad swimmer the top model is rarely the best choice.

With that said i tried the Vanquish little brother Aspire. Absolutely amazing quality!!! Sadly i had to return it as it was a little bit too small (i was testing the sizing limits, so fit is true to description). Ended up with a 2xu suit, also really great and i like it a lot but that zone3 was still better, so flexible!
Quote Reply