Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which tyres for me?
Quote | Reply
Sorry I know tyres have been done to death and I have used the search but I am confused. I am planning on doing some oly distance races and hoping for some big PBs. I want to get the fastest tyres I can. I have had a bike fit and my position is good. I just want to get the kit sorted.

I have a NP3 with Enve 6.7 SES tubular wheels. If it makes a difference I am a large rider. Current 210lbs, going to reduce that a bit but at 6'5'' I am probably unlikely to get below 200.

Not too concerned about puncture resistance. The roads I'll be racing on are pretty good and as I will be doing a few races if I get a puncture and dont get a good time I can just move on the next race.
Quote Reply
Re: Which tyres for me? [iwaters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iwaters wrote:
Sorry I know tyres have been done to death and I have used the search but I am confused. I am planning on doing some oly distance races and hoping for some big PBs. I want to get the fastest tyres I can. I have had a bike fit and my position is good. I just want to get the kit sorted.

I have a NP3 with Enve 6.7 SES tubular wheels. If it makes a difference I am a large rider. Current 210lbs, going to reduce that a bit but at 6'5'' I am probably unlikely to get below 200.

Not too concerned about puncture resistance. The roads I'll be racing on are pretty good and as I will be doing a few races if I get a puncture and dont get a good time I can just move on the next race.

Corsa Speed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iwaters wrote:

Fwiw, if you want the fastest tires I would seriously consider dumping the tubulars for clinchers. The Corsa Speed does come in both a tubular version and clincher versions and is a very safe bet for speed.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Which tyres for me? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Fwiw, if you want the fastest tires I would seriously consider dumping the tubulars for clinchers. The Corsa Speed does come in both a tubular version and clincher versions and is a very safe bet for speed.

The OP already has a set of fast tubular wheels, so it would make more sense to me to stick with the tubular version. Isn't the second link you provided actually points to the "tubeless" version? Can the tubeless version be used as clincher?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iwaters wrote:
Sorry I know tyres have been done to death and I have used the search but I am confused

There should be nothing to be confused about. Just bookmark this site and look at all the tires under "Road Bike Rolling Resistance Reviews" on the right column: https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/

This site is also good but doesn't include the Corsa Speed yet: https://www.cyclingpowerlab.com/TyreSelection.aspx
Quote Reply