Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which tri-bike would you go with?
Quote | Reply
Which bike would you go with if you had a choice between a Cervelo P2k, Felt S22, a QR caliente? Another one to consider would be a Guru trilite. Let's assume that these would be used for all kinds of tris, building on up to an ironman.

If you can tell me anything about the pros and cons of these bikes, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Which tri-bike would you go with? [dhcrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There all good bikes, but I would not pick any of them... My Kestrel works and FITS just fine.

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: Which tri-bike would you go with? [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are all good bikes. I personally pick the bike that I was going to be most comfortable and have the best position. All the aero gizmos mean squat if the bike fits wrong.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P2K...highly sought out, great adjustability in positioning, probably the best downtube from an aerodynamic standpoint. Felt...probably the best use of modified tubing shapes to enhance stiffness and where it's needed most, and therefore ride quality. QR Caliente...an aluminum poor-man'sTyphoon, also has a rear adjustable dropout and a rear cutout somewhat like the P2K, looks better in person than in pictures. Guru Trilite...only one with a rear carbon fiber seat stay system, makes it stiffer and perhaps a little better at absorbing of vibration than standard seat stays.

Too bad you didn't pick any bad bikes, it would be easier to rank them. Any of them that fit you will be just fine. They're all Ironman capable as well as sprint capable.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go with fit. Though in theory if they all fit I'd go with the QR Caliente. Don't believe the photos, it looks Kick Ass in person. Wish I had that much money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they all felt good to me, I'd go with the P2k. Hands down. You mentioned the Guru Trilite, but what about the Chrono? If I were going aluminum frame and I was in your apparent price range, I'd give the Chrono a hard look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I won't comment on the bikes listed....I don't know much about them. I am relatively new to tri bikes also.....but I would say that I recommend test riding a beam bike. I have a Softride, and I love it! I have noticed a huge difference in comfort, and energy getting off of the bike. I will probably never buy a non-beam bike again. (I have no affiliation with Softride or any bike company.....just love my bike....and she loves me :) ) I have been telling all of my friends to try them, since I have had such good results with mine.

Just my 2 cents..... take them as you will.

Doug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ride them all. I've never ridden a group of bikes and not have one simply whisper in my ear. You might not be able to put your finger on exactly why. If you ride them all, one will talk to you and say, "I'm the one."

Know what? That's the one.
Quote Reply