Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Which suit
Quote | Reply
Hi all

I’m currently racing in the Castelli free Sanremo short sleeved suit.

Is there much difference in this and the new All out speed suit.

Any helpful input welcome!

Cheers!
Last edited by: Phil Hodson: Apr 28, 18 5:05
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second the question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven’t tried the free, but I like my all out, minus the way the top always seems to ride up and create that weird area at the bottom of zipper. Raced it at Oside. I’m in a small 5’9 138 and the sleeves are a bit too big. Prob have it tailored.

I love the rear pockets. Easier to access. Bigger than most and nothing moved around in it.
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I understand the all out is more like the T1 attached to a suit, whereas the Sanremo is very similar but shorter sleeved and diffferent fabric on the back. I have the T1 and sanremo, have only seen the all out. I wouldn’t say there is much difference. The san Reno is much snugger fitting than the T1. The sleeves on the T1 are also long which is annoying, whereas the sanremo sleeves are perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not seen the all out but it seems it misses one of the thing I love about the San remo....the little hip holsters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should upgrade to the All Out Speed Suit and let me know what you think :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the AllOut and the two-piece sleeved suit with the interlocking clips at the back, which I think is the same as the Sanremo.

The top half of the AllOut is a completely different material, but also different to the T1 - it's more flexible, as you'd expect from something designed to stay on for the whole race and not just the bike. The sleeves are longer, the cut definitely has fewer wrinkles in the aero position. It's just... nicer? I'd say it's a worthwhile upgrade.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
The sleeves are longer, the cut definitely has fewer wrinkles in the aero position.

This is specifically why I'm asking - I'd like longer sleeves than the SanRemo. I must be a freak b/c every Castelli pic shows them going down to the elbow and mine don't even cover my whole bicep, and I'm not ripped or anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here. The All Out is definitely longer in the arm. The Free Speed top (I checked the order history, that's what I have) is supposed to go to the elbow, but it barely clears my bicep, as seen in last weekend's race:

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I picked up an All Out Speed suit - got it today and it fit's awesome... No wrinkles. Sleeves are perfect down to the elbow. It's actually hard to zip up a little because i'm wide. But once zipped up - it's very comfortable.

5'9"
163lbs
got a medium
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [tridave101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tridave - any thoughts on how the sleeves would do wearing them 'up' under a wetsuit? I don't have any issues with the SanRemo, curious how the allout compares.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I twirled my arms and it felt so comfortable i could see swimming with the sleeves on under a wetsuit... I would have to test it out for real though. I think I would still leave the sleeves rolled down though under a wet suit or speed skin just because. I race next week so my plan is rolled down.
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [tridave101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I bit the bullet and ordered mine. Can’t wait to try it and see the differences.

Will post back once I have some experience with it.

Thanks for all your input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just looking at this same option myself and wondering if anyone can share further experiences. there doesn't seem to be too much difference between the 2 other than the longer sleeves and i've always found castelli sleeves on the short side for my long skinny arms.

i've never swam in a sleeved top though so interested in the practicalities of that
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
just looking at this same option myself and wondering if anyone can share further experiences. there doesn't seem to be too much difference between the 2 other than the longer sleeves and i've always found castelli sleeves on the short side for my long skinny arms.

i've never swam in a sleeved top though so interested in the practicalities of that

I tried to purchase both in XL but they seem to be sold out everywhere.
I contacted Castelli and they answered:

"Hello Arjen,

thank you for contacting us. These items will be restocked next year but you can check on our webretailers:"

So I guess I have to wait a bit...
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed Sigma sport have them in stock. And they ship world wide.

Or I’m going to be in the uk next week if you need me to pick one up for you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phil Hodson wrote:
I noticed Sigma sport have them in stock. And they ship world wide.

Or I’m going to be in the uk next week if you need me to pick one up for you?

Thanks for the offer and the tip.
But they do not have the green one in XL which is what I want. I just wait for the new collection: don't need one until spring anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phil Hodson wrote:
So I bit the bullet and ordered mine. Can’t wait to try it and see the differences.

Will post back once I have some experience with it.

Thanks for all your input.

I’m bumping this thread because I’m about to choose between the Sanremo and the All Out Speed Suit. I’m curious as to hear others’ experiences and to know what the differences are between the two.
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my all out. Have no experience with the sanremo.
I have a Fusion and a DeSoto Riviera flysuit as well
This one is my favorite.
I did 70.3 Galveston in mine and it was great. I noticed that it was a bit loose in the front in aero position but after the race I realized I ordered a large by mistake. So I ordered a medium one as well which i will use in July.
I am 5’8 175. Wide shoulder and hips and bigger chest. Medium is tight to get on but perfect once on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up the AllOut last June and absolutely love it - liked the San Remo but like the AllOut better. Sleeves are longer which is one thing I was looking for. This might be pure coincidence but in my first race it I had my highest speed and power average ever on the bike. Zero issues wearing it sleeves up under the wetsuit. Ran a 93* half distance last October and found it very comfy and cool on the bike and run.
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
This one is my favorite.

Out of interest, was there anything specifc you didn't like about the DeSoto? I've been a big fan of their shorts/top using them exclusively for 15 years now. But I'm wanting a suit for next year to shave a bit of time, and so naturally was tending to go that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the San Remo. I bought two on sale a few years ago from Sigma Sports. It’s a great suit. Keep in mind it’s a Euro fit so it will run small. I have a medium and I’m 5’8” 149lbs. It fits like a glove. Overall it’s a good suit. Now what I don’t like...the leg openings are made of a paper thin mesh fabric. There are no grippers and they can roll and bunch when putting on a tight wetsuit or swimskin. As well, the back is dimpled. So you’ll need a swimskin on non wetsuit legal swims to reduce drag. I was unable to get a swimskin before my last race and swam in the suit only. I wasn’t very satisfied with my time. I’m not sure if it was the suit or the fact someone hit me in the neck and gave me a hematoma in the first 100 yards. I’d have no reservations buying the suit, just make sure you have a swimskin available to use.
Quote Reply
Re: Which suit [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
This one is my favorite.

Out of interest, was there anything specifc you didn't like about the DeSoto? I've been a big fan of their shorts/top using them exclusively for 15 years now. But I'm wanting a suit for next year to shave a bit of time, and so naturally was tending to go that way.

I never said I didn’t like it. It’s a great suit which should tell you how much I like the Allout.
They are both comfortable. I like the fabric and look of the Allout better. I have no data to show but the Allout feels faster. You can’t go wrong with either. I would take both of those over the Fusion though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the ALLOUT suit last year and raced an IM in it. I would get it again. It's super comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been mulling over the Castelli All Out Speed vs. Roka Gen II Elite. Based on online reviews and other feedback, most state the All Out breathes very well in hot conditions and the chamois is more comfortable. These two factors are most important to me, ahead of aerodynamics -- especially when it comes to wearing it for 140.6 miles. But I'm guessing it's pretty darn aero too!

Just ordered the last size Large black/white from Sigma Sports. I'm 5' 9.5", 173 lbs (hopefully upper 160's on race day in late August) and all my measurements (chest, waist, hips) were spot on w/ Castelli's size chart for Large. I'll post an update after my first training Brick workout.
Quote Reply

Prev Next