Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which rear brake with Tri Rig Omega X in the front?
Quote | Reply
For everyone who uses the Tri Rig Omega X front brake, what do you use for the rear? I question using the same on the rear because of the metal cover possibly coming off. I want to get another because of the ease of installation and maintenance but don’t want the cover to come off and expose the guts the too much dirt and water.

Thoughts?

Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Which rear brake with Tri Rig Omega X in the front? [jeepguy2358] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Omega X all the way. The magnets are strong enough that I can't imagine the cover will come off. Never heard of that happening.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: Which rear brake with Tri Rig Omega X in the front? [jeepguy2358] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I use the stock Ultegra. The aero benefit of a center pull brake on my frame is nil due to the way the cable is routed.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Which rear brake with Tri Rig Omega X in the front? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. I run an Ultegra rear brake on my NP3 and a slighly older Omega upfront.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Which rear brake with Tri Rig Omega X in the front? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Omegas on my tribike and 105 brakes on my roadie. They are the trickle down 105s from Ultegra a couple of years ago and they are great. I'd recommend them if you want to save a few bucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Omega X front and rear. Then again I ride an Ordu which was designed for the brakes. As others have alluded to already the magnets are strong although I can see the apprehension of mounting them if they're under the BB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Omega front and rear which is handy as you can adjust brake widths depending on what wheels I put in easy but if they are mounted behind your bottom bracket like on my bike, they fill with crap easy and being they run on a cam a standard pivot brake would be better from a performance and maintenance point of view.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had Omega X front and rear for almost 2 years. No issue with the cover; it is on strong. I love that setup and would probably choose the same again. If you are looking for the economic alternative, then an Ultegra brake in back.
Quote Reply