Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which hard bike case for a Scott Plasma 5 ??
Quote | Reply
I had a Scicon Aeroconfort and even with all positive reviews, I had some problems.
The guys from American Airlines doesn't treated very well and I had my handlebar broken.
Now, I want to buy a hard travel case.
Any suggestions
Tks
Quote Reply
Re: Which hard bike case for a Scott Plasma 5 ?? [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the new Premier Bike Case.
I ordered it. I like it.

https://www.premierbike.com/products/bike-travel-case
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a Thule Roundtrip bike case. It's sturdy and never had a problem traveling with it (other then paying oversize / sports item fee). It's easy to fit the bike in the case - pretty much unscrew the 4 bolts of the headset and tilt the bars (with care not to pinch cables) and take the seatpost and pedals. It requires 5-10 minutes of wrenching but no biggie. It fits in the backseat of pretty much any car, but it's a pain to haul it as the case alone weighs a ton.

My girl has scicon too and everytime she travels there's something going wrong with her bike - easy to haul and light, and I've seen airlines waving the oversize fee, but it's not worth risk damaging the bike.
Last edited by: CMattos: Dec 22, 17 17:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scicon Evolution hard case I've be finding pretty good.
Quote Reply
Re: Which hard bike case for a Scott Plasma 5 ?? [CMattos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible for you to post a pic of your packed bike? I am not sure how you just "tilt" the bars. I have zero play in mine. I currently have a Bike Box Alan and it's a HUGE PITA to travel with my Plasma 5. Looking for options. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply