Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which cycling shoes for training
Quote | Reply
Hi.
I heaed from a lot of places and friends that road shoeshave a much more secure fit and foot placement in the shoe than triathlon shoes with a velcro strap.
I just bought the Bontrager Woomera triathlon cycling shoes and Im very pleased aboht them. The carbon sole is very stiff (10/14) and it fits quite well.
Should I consider buying road cycling shoes with Boa for training for a better fit?
Im 17 yo, Im above the average triathlete in my age group and I race in the national triathlon series, ans well as the road race series.
I dont know if I should buy them to the road races and the training or I should save the money for something big in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Which cycling shoes for training [Roe Negbi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roe Negbi wrote:
Hi.
I heaed from a lot of places and friends that road shoeshave a much more secure fit and foot placement in the shoe than triathlon shoes with a velcro strap.
I just bought the Bontrager Woomera triathlon cycling shoes and Im very pleased aboht them. The carbon sole is very stiff (10/14) and it fits quite well.
Should I consider buying road cycling shoes with Boa for training for a better fit?
Im 17 yo, Im above the average triathlete in my age group and I race in the national triathlon series, ans well as the road race series.
I dont know if I should buy them to the road races and the training or I should save the money for something big in the future.

I’m not sure that investing a lot of money in a high end shoe for training is going to help that much. I would go with whatever fits best, whatever feels most comfortable. Road shoes may give you a better fit, but that is an individual thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Which cycling shoes for training [Roe Negbi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road shoes and tri shoes generally fit the same (i.e. built on the same lasts). The road shoe will have a more secure fit from the laces/buckles/boas than a tri shoe that relies on one big Velcro strap.

I’d say having road shoes for training is a nice to have. If you can afford it, great; if not, no biggie.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply