Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which Nike running shoes
Quote | Reply
Travelling to the US (Orlando) from the UK with the family in November, when I’ve dragged them from Disney I’m planning on getting into one of the Nike Outlet/factory shops.

There are a multitude of running shoes available; which ones should I be looking for?
(Ps Ironman racing)
Quote Reply
Re: Which Nike running shoes [esox.flucius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the Epic React Flyknit: reasonably light, ultra cushioned, durable, slip on (no tongue). Great lightweight trainer and 70.3+ race shoe.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, Having lived in Orlando for years, the deals aren’t that amazing. At least, I don’t remember them being that great.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stayed near Lake Buena Vista and went to the Orlando Vinelands Outlet. I bought some Pegasus 34s for $45 or so - can't complain by UK standards. The Nike outlet there was large and with a good selection.

Also scored a bunch of skechers for my girl and myself for next to nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option is to look at running shoe deals on eBay, Amazon, EastBay, Running Shoe Wharehouse, etc. They have closeouts that are often as good/better than the outlet malls. Get the timing right so they can ship them to your hotel address. Most hotels will hold a package for you.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
esox.flucius wrote:
Travelling to the US (Orlando) from the UK with the family in November, when I’ve dragged them from Disney I’m planning on getting into one of the Nike Outlet/factory shops.

There are a multitude of running shoes available; which ones should I be looking for?
(Ps Ironman racing)

Pegasus Turbo 2 for training 4% or Next% for racing. You could also race in the Turbos.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Nike running shoes [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
esox.flucius wrote:

(Ps Ironman racing)

Pegasus Turbo 2 for training 4% or Next% for racing. You could also race in the Turbos.
Pegasus Turbo may be discounted but 100% agree Pegasus Turbo either version for training and 4% or Next% for racing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We live near the Nike outlet in Williamsburg, VA. Pegasus Turbos just showed up there, but they’re marked at $125, and there are some colors available on the Nike app cheaper than that. Having lived by 2 Nike outlets (here and Texas), we believe it’s all about the timing. I’ve bought Pegasus for $35 and seen the same shoes a few days later back at $69...unfortunately the opposite is true sometimes, too. The clearance wall is normally an additional 20-30% off. We start there and can walk out with a year’s supply sometimes or strike out completely.

If you haven’t done so, download their app. There will be some discount on your first purchase, and then you’ll get coupons periodically for 30% off a purchase at the outlet greater than some dollar amount, normally about $150, and their discounts almost always stack on each other.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Nike running shoes [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to work a Nike outlet in college. It is all timing. I was there last week and got five pair of zoom fly flyknits for 40 each. They had some pegasys, but not in my size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been using the Zoom Odyssey 2 . Not sure if they make it anymore as I can’t find them. Disappointing.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Nike running shoes [sixironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sixironman wrote:
I used to work a Nike outlet in college. It is all timing. I was there last week and got five pair of zoom fly flyknits for 40 each. They had some pegasys, but not in my size.

This. I got a pair of ZoomFlySP for $40 in WIlliamsburg, VA...a month later, I got a second pair in Rehobeth, but they were $70. Not a terrible deal for the second pair, but the first pair was a steal.

I was in Rehobeth a few weeks ago and they had Peg Turbos, but they only had one color I didn't want to pay > $100 for it.
Last edited by: smartyiak: Sep 30, 19 6:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Epic React or Vomero 14 (has react midsole, older models do not) ($65, https://www.hibbett.com/...OEAQYASABEgKTIPD_BwE)
Quote Reply