Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which Look Pedal?
Quote | Reply
I've been running the 357's, and have the sqeaking issues that several people mention. I really hasn't bothered me that much, but, does anyone know a different Look system that doesn't squeak so much? I'm getting a new bike, and need to buy pedals, but I already have Look platforms on my shoes, so I'd like to stay with Look.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Which Look Pedal? [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used the 296 and its successor the 396 very successfully, no problems with squeak - different bearing design. Excel and Nashbar both have 'em on sale for $100.

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: Which Look Pedal? [MattMiz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have the 396, for about 1 year. I have had no problems with squeaks and highly recommend them. As Matt mentioned, you can find them these days for ~$100.

A
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the squeaking happens on mine - they are the low end looks. Happens mostly on rides of 60 - 120 miles and drives me nuts. I apply a dab of sport slick and it goes away. Don't know of any permanent solution...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For Look squeaking my shop suggested this, remove pedal, apply new film of grease to the threads and reattach. I also went to an aftermarket "Look" compatiable cleat. After doing both, no more squeak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some bike shop on e-bay was selling a bunch of the Jalabert edition 396's recently. i got a pair for $70 and am very happy so far. you don't have to bid, it's a "buy it now" deal. not sure if they have any left but it's worth checking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone ridden the new CX-6 Look Pedal?

John Bogdanski
Quote Reply