Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to stay IMAZ 2016???
Quote | Reply
My wife is coming so this will be her first experience and so that we aren't driving all over the place:

Is there a host hotel?
Suggestions?
How far out would be convenient re: race day and attending expo etc.

Thanks for any info.

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay IMAZ 2016??? [mooseknuckle69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Tempe Mission Palms Hotel is a really convenient option. You can walk to the race site and lots of restaraunts nearby as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's really up to you how far you want to be from the venue, and how much you want to spend. You could stay anywhere in Scottsdale or Tempe and not have much of an issue getting there race morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marriott Courtyard Tempe worked well for my wife and I. While its not as expensive as the Mission Palms, the price point was right for our 4 night stay. The rooms were a little dated, but the service was excellent.

I really appreciated the pre-race breakfast buffet at 4 in the morning and I could limp to a number of restaurants for post race beers and queso.

My wife was a big fan of their free shuttle service. It worked extremely well on race day and ferried her to 3 different malls while I was on the course. What I saved on accommodations, she spent while I was on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive only done it once and am not too familiar with the Tempe area but I did really well on VRBO.com/Tempe and a condo a few miles from the race site. Price compareable to a hotel and I like the fact I have a kitchen/ 2 bathrooms and much more room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stayed at a hotel by the airport. It is about a 5 min drive to the race venue and was very easy to get around. There is a large parking garage by the venue that we used multiple times over the weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VRBO is how i always try to go for long stays. I got a 3 bedroom 2 bath house 1 mile from race site. $200 a night. Nice backyard, bbq, patio 1500 sq. ft total. Just makes too much sense not to do it. The hotels rates seemed crazy high and I thought I saw host hotel was full?
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay IMAZ 2016??? [fierceheadwind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fierceheadwind wrote:
We stayed at a hotel by the airport. It is about a 5 min drive to the race venue and was very easy to get around. There is a large parking garage by the venue that we used multiple times over the weekend.

Yes, there is ample room in this parking garage, and there are a few other garages in the area too. It was not even full on race day when my volunteer shift was over mid-morning. It is about 400 yards from transition. You can drive in to the venue without much issue.

Also, you might want to check the ASU football schedule. There is sometimes a football game on Saturday night before the race. I would not want to be trying to sleep in downtown Tempe during, or after a football game happening down the street. ASU doesn't score very often but there are fireworks when they do. I'd suggest staying elsewhere in Scottsdale or Tempe unless you have some affinity for Mill Ave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the Graduate near ASU. Close enough to venue but not so close as to feel overwhelming. Plus, hotel had cruiser bikes we could borrow to get around, and a pool + hot tub. I'd recommend it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Hyatt Place near the airport is quite convenient. Not walkable distance (well even though it is right on the run course) and they run shuttles during race day (starting at 4AM).
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay IMAZ 2016??? [datscha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holiday Inn Express on Apache - they will shuttle you anywhere, even to/from the airport. Honestly, Tempe was super easy to get around. Any hotel within a mile seemed awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay IMAZ 2016??? [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rented this condo on VRBO - http://www.vrbo.com/259254ha
$110/night gets you 2.5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, pool, spa, about 2 miles away, all kinds of shopping nearby
If you're willing to stay in Scottsdale, you can find something even cheaper....

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay IMAZ 2016??? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
I rented this condo on VRBO - http://www.vrbo.com/259254ha
$110/night gets you 2.5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, pool, spa, about 2 miles away, all kinds of shopping nearby
If you're willing to stay in Scottsdale, you can find something even cheaper....

Found something similar via VRBO for $99/night – but never would have even heard of the service were it not for this thread & related posts.

Thank you. :)

#cureMS
Quote Reply