Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to see L/R balance
Quote | Reply
I have a Quarq DZero and thought I had seen L/R balance on Strava (desktop) but cannot find it. I did a virtual race today (RGT) and want to see what my L/R balance was, but I cannot find it anywhere. I also have the free TrainingPeaks version.

Where would I find my L/R balance? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to see L/R balance [lightning33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have the Quarq but do have the Assioma Duo's. I've never seen L/R balance on Strava (don't use Training Peaks). Instead, the only place I see it is in the Wahoo app.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If using the TP app, click Map/Graph and Pwr. Bal. is right below work and NP
Quote Reply
Re: Where to see L/R balance [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Maybe I didn’t see it in Strava after all. I’ll check the TP spot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's in Garmin and TP. Not strava .

And so it's head unit dependent where you get to see the data, but Strava doesn't show it (as far as I can tell). That sort of stuff I look at in TP/WKO as it's more something that's of interest when I'm fully into geek mode.

Where running I do look at the L/R in garmin connect as the first thing after every run, then stride length. Mainly as I'm recovering / managing injuries.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to see L/R balance [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did my very first bike “race” and am
In full-on geek mode (I have done tris but didn’t have a PM, training, or the desire to do anything just do it). Since I don’t pay for TP, I might not be able to feel about L/R balance since it was virtual and I didn’t use my head unit.

Thanks all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For cycling then L:R in itself isn't all that useful IMHO. Looking at how it changes with fatigue, by cadence and by quadrant ( starts being more informative). However the big caveat here is that the DZero is virtual L:R balance. It estimates that by the power in different points of the crank rotation and not true left / right as you'd get with pedals.

And that's why for me the 'simple' L:R isn't that relevant, it's the understanding of when you are doing something different that's actionable (possibly). For example, I had ligament and then tendon surgery on my right leg meaning 2 rounds of casts/non-weightbearing crutches, and about 2 years of hobbling. And when I got back then my balance showed I was favouring my right. Which didn't make a lot of sense to start. Then, when I thought it through, looked at the when, it was actually because I was pedalling better 'circles' with my left leg, but only using teh compressing of the down with my right, more pistoning. So this was that the right side was benefitting from the minor component of the power from the left, but the left was getting nothing from the right..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightning33 wrote:
I did my very first bike “race” and am
In full-on geek mode (I have done tris but didn’t have a PM, training, or the desire to do anything just do it). Since I don’t pay for TP, I might not be able to feel about L/R balance since it was virtual and I didn’t use my head unit.

Thanks all!

Zwift doesn’t send any l/r balance data to 3rd parties.

AFAIK only recording your ride on the head unit will give you that metric in Garmin Connect or TP.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to see L/R balance [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am tracking the estimated L:R balancing of the Quarq. After the stage yesterday and then again today, my right leg felt different than my left. I was looking to see if Quarq thought I was pushing more with it and that is what I was feeling.

I did the race on RGT. Learned a LOT about virtual racing. It would seem that the w/kg are a mere suggestion as the winner was pushing 0.4ish w/kg more than what the category said. Guess I need more training...and some sweet to balance my bitter.
Quote Reply