Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to put all the stuff
Quote | Reply
One of the other recent posts is regarding the best bottle-mounting strategy, but this brought about another thought/question: storing bottles and storing other bike necessities (tires/tubes/CO2/tools etc.) are interrelated. Where does everyone store their stuff? All the pro's I see in Triathlete Mag aren't carrying anything. Do they just figure that if they get a flat their day is over, so why bother carrying stuff, or do they get some sort of neutral aid that AG'ers don't get?

I've been using a Minoura dual-cage holder with an under-saddle bag for my stuff (see the other post for why I hate this setup). A lot of people have commented that they really like the Profile Design Aqua rack, but it looks to me like you wouldn't be able to get a saddle bag under there since the bottles angle back and under the seat. Is this the case? My other options are an Xlab saddlewing, or a Neverreach with a saddle bag. 4 weeks 'till Wildflower (first 1/2) and I think I'm starting to stress and waaaay overthink stuff. Whatever I do, I want to do it soon so I can get some rides in with the new setup. Advice is greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to put all the stuff [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm obviously biased against the seat mounted bottle holders, but here goes:

Syntace Jetstream aerobar mounted bottle (refill on the fly rules!)

One or two bottles on the frame depending on the distance/temp

Small under the seat bag with CO2 and small multi tool

One tubular zip-tied to the bag and seatpost

Innovations makes a cool little CO2/misc stuff holder that velcros onto any tube where you have space. It looks like a good alternative to me. Cheap too!... http://www.trisports.com/multimount.html
Quote Reply
Re: Where to put all the stuff [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an Xlab X-Wing and have never had the problem of bottles jumping out of the cages. Bought cheap cages from LBS.

I connect my "stuff" tubes and tire levers with X-straps and two CO2 cartridges and inflator on the X-nut. I think the whole system works well. It also makes getting to your stuff quicker when you need it. You don't have to fumble around with the seat bag.

I ride clinchers but know you can fit tubulars in the X-straps.
Quote Reply