Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [Rundomrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only have 20 or so miles on mine (running to/from track + actual track workout), too soon to tell.

I will echo the cushiony/springlike feel, but will also mention it seems like a tall shoe. In other words, it feels like you could roll an ankle if you misstep or take a turn too sharp. Just my observation, your results may vary.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have an inside scoop when the next batch of Vaporfly 4% shoes might be available in the US? Got a pair in April from Nike.com and really liked running in them on the marathon today.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [BRGUST65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the standard vaporfly, but Word on the street is the vapor flyknit will be sold q4. There are some pro runners with them now and they look sweeeeet. Vapor sole with flyknit upper, tongueless.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I saw that in the Running Shoe Geek FB group. They look amazing!

Not sure when the next standard Fly 4 will be released, though

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [BRGUST65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a pair of the VF 4%. Got some gift cards and happened to be in the Niketown store, who had them in my size. I’ve been through 2 pairs of the zoomfly the past 6-8 months and I’ve really enjoyed them. It’s tough to get online so try going into a NIke store.

Much more stiffer and hard impact but I usually don’t mind. I had a lot of great runs in the zoomfly and was skeptical about the VF since they are so much more $$.

I have to say that the VF is quite different than the ZF. They are a lot more squishy, more cushion, and give a feeling of propulsion. They are a lot lighter and the toe area is roomier. I thought the arch was narrower on my right first on my first few runs but I got used to them. I’ve done 3 runs in them I including a 11-12 mile tempo and double run day (total 18 mi). I’ll race a half Ironman and, likely, full IM in them the next few months. I “think” the VF cushioning keeps the legs fresher and they seem to be better at keeping a faster pace. I just wish they lasted longer than a few hundred miles! For context, I’m a sub 3 hour marathoner at best and have done IM marathons in around 3:35-3:45.

I had to go up a half size to size 11, usually wear 10.5 in Hoka Clayton and sauconys.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, those are just smokin' hot.

The 4% are nowhere near as nice of a fit on me compared to Fly's, but there is hope if they are going to offer them with Elite/Vapor Street upper.
I am actually running in a couple of pairs of Vapor Streets right now, and they are performing really well. It's a lot of React foam underfoot, and makes for a very cushioned ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vincent Luis was wearing something pretty cool today. Looks like the Vapor Street Flyknit without laces?

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More likely Vaporfly Elite. Pro folks can score them with minimal begging
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting, looks like some sort of elasticated tongue arrangement instead of laces - would require the sizing just right (maybe elite semi-custom only) but great if you can get that right
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next