Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nike is the more reliable online inventory management system.
That said, I could only get them to come up when using the Search feature. They did not appear on the base Vaporfly page. I believe that was a CDN caching issue.

They had 1625 pairs across the whole size run. I don't know how many pairs any of the other retailers had. They were completely sold out by 9am PST.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
AdamL2424 wrote:
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
AdamL2424 wrote:
Damn just got the email from fleet feet that my order was cancelled. Guess I won’t be racing in the 4%’s this year.

When did you place your order? I put mine in within a couple minutes of it going live. I'm really hoping I didn't get screwed...

Probably about 15 minutes after they went live. Hopefully you’re still good.

I just got a cancellation email from Fleet Feet as well... this is absolute horseshit. I literally could not have been more diligent about ordering as quick as possible. Considering I had a confirmation email in my inbox 2 minutes after the shoes went live, I find it incredibly hard to believe I wasn't one of the first handful of people to order.

Also, I was on Nike.com when they went live as well and had the ability to order a size 11 but didn't because I got the confirmation from Fleet Feet already and assumed I was good.

I will NEVER be ordering from FF again. What crap.

Damn man I’m sorry. Hoping you lucked out.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [AdamL2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i found a site that has the zoom vaporfly elite breaking 2 new version of the shoe.

i am fairly certain they are not authentic because they are extremely cheap (and in stock)

i have ordered a pair and will post the link if they are indeed legit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re FF: sorry this happened. However:

A company that sells direct and through distributors sometimes underdelivers when an item has huge demand because they would rather sell direct. Apparel companies have known reputations for being terrible about this. It is underhanded but there is not much a company like FF can do.

Or it could have been bad order management by FF. I kind of doubt it, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Re FF: sorry this happened. However:

A company that sells direct and through distributors sometimes underdelivers when an item has huge demand because they would rather sell direct. Apparel companies have known reputations for being terrible about this. It is underhanded but there is not much a company like FF can do.

Or it could have been bad order management by FF. I kind of doubt it, though.

FF knew days ago that they would sellout online at 10am EST, immediately after going live online. FF literally posted that on THIS thread. They knew exactly how to handle the situation and failed. Bad order management. Period.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snagged a pair in size 10 directly from Nike. Hopefully the 10's fit...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After receiving my cancellation notices, I suggested that they create a list for those whose orders were cancelled and reach out to those individuals when they have them in stock again. But then that would be great customer service. *shrug*
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DesertTriGuy wrote:
After receiving my cancellation notices, I suggested that they create a list for those whose orders were cancelled and reach out to those individuals when they have them in stock again. But then that would be great customer service. *shrug*

You have far more patience than me... I just responded with harsh criticism, asking for full explanation on how someone who ordered within 2 minutes is denied. But you're spot on, they should create a chart for those who got cancellations. Especially since a good chunk of those ordered might be returned from wrong sizing or buyers remorse.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DesertTriGuy wrote:

I literally, just now, ordered a pair of size 11 on eastbay.com... they are backordered but ship on 4/18/2018

Have at it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just went out to Eastbay, their site says the shoe is on back order till 4/18/18. So I bought a pair. Guess we will see if I truly get them or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
JoeO wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:
https://www.fleetfeetsports.com/...fly-4?sku=880847-405

Fleet Feet has their online stock updated now with the obsidian color. I broke down and picked up a pair. I went a half size smaller than the Zoom Fly's per recommendations of a number of people on lets run message board.

That is backwards. I put on both the Zoom Flys and the Vapor Flys today in the same size. I had less room in the Zoom Flys, not more.

Youre confused. If you had the same size in both, and the ZoomFlys had less room, its because the VaporFly is bigger for any givem size. So if you wear a 12 in ZoomFly thats fits perfect, it would mean the VaporFly in 12 would fit big so you would size down to an 11.5 in the VaporFly.

Yes, I am. I misread what he was saying. My bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This. Total bs. Got my order cancellation yesterday, 4 days after successfully ordering 5 minutes after they went live on Wednesday. Bad business fleet feet.

BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
AdamL2424 wrote:
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
AdamL2424 wrote:
Damn just got the email from fleet feet that my order was cancelled. Guess I won’t be racing in the 4%’s this year.

When did you place your order? I put mine in within a couple minutes of it going live. I'm really hoping I didn't get screwed...

I just got a cancellation email from Fleet Feet as well... this is absolute horseshit. I literally could not have been more diligent about ordering as quick as possible. Considering I had a confirmation email in my inbox 2 minutes after the shoes went live, I find it incredibly hard to believe I wasn't one of the first handful of people to order.

Also, I was on Nike.com when they went live as well and had the ability to order a size 11 but didn't because I got the confirmation from Fleet Feet already and assumed I was good.

Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [lschaan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lschaan wrote:
This. Total bs. Got my order cancellation yesterday, 4 days after successfully ordering 5 minutes after they went live on Wednesday. Bad business fleet feet.

BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
AdamL2424 wrote:
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
AdamL2424 wrote:

FF actually emailed me back 24 hours AFTER i got the cancellation email and AFTER I purchased a pair of shoes from Eastbay. They said my cancellation was a mistake and that my shoes already shipped (and they supplied a tracking number).

Overall, yes, I’m happy I’m getting my shoes but it’s still awful business practice. I now have to wait until my shoes arrive to feel confident that I can cancel my other order. Just annoying.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FTR, the epic flyknit react feel fantastic for half the price.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its true, those are great shoes.

But, they do not have the stiffness of the Vaporfly or Fly.

After 50 miles they are quite flexy. Still extremely comfortable, but if you need the stiffness, it's just not there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got a shipment notification from eastbay. I’m cool with that!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got two pairs in and will stick with the 11s. If anyone wants my 11.5s, they will be up for grabs before I mail them back.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
Its true, those are great shoes.

But, they do not have the stiffness of the Vaporfly or Fly.

After 50 miles they are quite flexy. Still extremely comfortable, but if you need the stiffness, it's just not there.

True. I use the racer flyknit for that. They are more unforgiving though. when the legs are good, they are great, but if the legs are so so, it's miserable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep - just got an email from UPS and Eastbay stating mine are on their way. Looking forward to using them at IMTX.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent you a PM, but don't see it in my outbox...I'll take em! Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [markwhickman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have my 9.0's up on the forum. I'll have them here before putting them on eBay.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [Insilvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go ahead and put them on ebay if you're going to ask $325
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every sale is a conversation. Don't see anything wrong with opening the conversation at a price that these are selling for consistently on Ebay. After tax these were 272.xx. Trying to make $50.00 doesn't seem like an inappropriate amount considering their availability and the hype around them . Appreciate your perspective though. The market will decide what is fair and what isn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
Just got a shipment notification from eastbay. I’m cool with that!

Ditto... now I have two pairs heading my way.

If you're a size 11 and want these... PM me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone use the lock laces for these shoes? I can't imagine using them would be a problem.
Quote Reply

Prev Next