Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to do long run in Scottsdale/Phoenix area
Quote | Reply
I will be in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area tomorrow, and I am looking for a good place to get a long run in. I would prefer pavement, but I am open to anything. I would love to experience some scenery and trails I can't get in the Midwest where I am coming from. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Where to do long run in Scottsdale/Phoenix area [ztriracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pavement and scenery - you could go to one of the country parks and run on the road in the park. McDowell Mountain Park and Lake Pleasant Regional Parks have enough paved roads inside the park for long runs. You could go to Fountain Hills, park and then run towards Rio Verde.

But, why run on pavement when there are so many off-road options with beautiful scenery? Go to Brown's Ranch trailhead in Mcdowell Sonoran Preserve and just go as far as you want on soft trails with beautiful scenery. Or Spur Cross Park if you want some uphill, or Cave Creek Park. Many more parks and trails systems all over the Valley.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: Where to do long run in Scottsdale/Phoenix area [ztriracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a decent paved trail that runs along Hayden rd. Starts around Indian School, probably goes for 4-5mi I think....

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on where you are at and how far you want to go. If you are near the Biltmore, you can run along the canal for 30 miles or more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the prettiest but you could do the IMAZ course at Tempe town lake. Drive to south mountain and run San Juan Road. From the guardhouse up to and thru the gate (at the Y In road). After that gate no cars allowed. I’d say it’s 10-12mi with lots of climbing. It’s gonna be hot. Get out early and carry water
Quote Reply