Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where in ST can I find the bike fit measuring method ?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to get my actual bike measured as a baseline for my next purchase.
But the "bike fit" tab has as much content as the whole forum :-X !!
Can someone lead me to the link where and how to get the measures for arm pads, saddle, bar, etc.... ?

Thanks !

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Where in ST can I find the bike fit measuring method ? [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe you really just need to find your “pad” stack and reach...

Which is sometimes different for the reach...so measure that one to the BOTH the front of the pads and then also to the center of pads...the stack is generally always measured to the top of the pad...

But these numbers need to be measured from the center of your bottom bracket. It’s easy enough to get the stack, just measure from ground to BB, then from ground to top of pad...and subtract. That is your pad stack...

The safest way to get the reach is stand your bike against the wall, but perpendicular...then measure from the wall to your BB...and also measure from the wall to your pad front(and center)...then subtract again...you then will have your reach numbers...

One other tool to use if you want to play around while searching...Tririg has a great “fit tool”...and has many bikes’ stack and reach coordinates in there...
Quote Reply