Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where are the cool kids hanging out in San Francisco? (training/beers)
Quote | Reply
I just moved from Chicago (7y) to San Francisco.
I swim at Koret / USF, bike on my trainer, run at golden gate park.
Training conditions are great, it just feels a bit lonely and I'm trying to connect with the locals :)

I'm wondering where the cool kids go? I'm thinking of outdoor bike rides early mornings before going to work or long runs? Or maybe pubs where triathletes go chat about their spandex?
Quote Reply
Re: Where are the cool kids hanging out in San Francisco? (training/beers) [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go ride up in Marin, Equator/Gestalt Haus/Split Rock usually full of bike people eating/drinking post ride
Quote Reply
Re: Where are the cool kids hanging out in San Francisco? (training/beers) [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome!
I’m in Marin and am def not a cool kid, but yes riding/running is great out here. Golden Gate Tri Club? Think it’s a younger crowd and will have opportunities for group rides etc.
San Francisco Running Co (out here in Mill Valley) has group runs on the weekends. We have amazing trails and there are awesome coffee/food/drinks places right there after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GGTC is very social and has a bunch of recurring weekly workouts, as well as ad hoc events too.

Fat cake is a popular weekday morning ride. But honestly any given day you can probably find a group to join if you just roll up to bridge at 6:15am.

https://ggtc.org/
https://www.fatcake.cc/rides
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up for the SF Marathon in late July this year. Super excited for it. It's been a while since I have been to SF.

- Jordan

My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Where are the cool kids hanging out in San Francisco? (training/beers) [heliotropic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on GGTC

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply