Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where's my Felt?
Quote | Reply
I read with great interest the post about the late arriving Felt bikes. I bought a Felts22 2 years ago and except for the crank it was great. The crank threads pulled off the carbon when removed, Nytro upgraded me to DA after Felt warranty kicked in. Thanks Craig and Felt. I do have to say the poor delivery is one reason to buy American. I moved to a Litespeed and later a Cdale. I admire Felt for it's delivery of price point bikes but in my 18 years of cycling I have found that it is hard to beat an American made frame. From paramount to Cdale to LS they all kick ass and the factory is here so dealers can give much better delivery info. Ther frame is still the heart of the bike and the Felt B2 while a sexy bike and high on the cool factor is not the frame a LS or Cdale or Cervelo (I'll include Canada in the US made group). Now you may have had to get Ultegra instead of DA 10 but the overall bike would be better if you had choose an American made frame. I still have my old '91 Marc Muller Paramount OS, it still kicks ass. Buy once cry once.
Quote Reply
Re: Where's my Felt? [bryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I bought a Felts22 2 years ago and except for the crank it was great. The crank threads pulled off the carbon when removed, Nytro upgraded me to DA after Felt warranty kicked in. Thanks Craig and Felt.

I'm suprised you had problems with the FSA Carbon Pro crank, they have been very reliable to date. Craig and Felt took care of the problem and it is great that Felt has a retailer like Nytro to "pedal" our product.

I do have to say the poor delivery is one reason to buy American.

Did you have poor delivery with the S22?

I moved to a Litespeed and later a Cdale. I admire Felt for it's delivery of price point bikes but in my 18 years of cycling I have found that it is hard to beat an American made frame.

Litespeed has frames made in Taiwan as well. Cannondale struggled with delivery because while Alcoa may be able to get the tubes to them on time, every other vendor that provides parts for them rely on overseas production.

From paramount to Cdale to LS they all kick ass and the factory is here so dealers can give much better delivery info.

Do you have any idea that this is true, or does it make sense on paper, and thus you assume it to be true?

Ther frame is still the heart of the bike and the Felt B2 while a sexy bike and high on the cool factor is not the frame a LS or Cdale or Cervelo (I'll include Canada in the US made group).

Cervelo's are made in Taiwan!

Now you may have had to get Ultegra instead of DA 10 but the overall bike would be better if you had choose an American made frame.

Why would you assume the delay isn't Shimano in the first place?! I don't think that the choice between Cannondale and Felt is an easy one. The bikes are very good, both of them. Delivery is not an absolute based on frame production geography.

I have retailers that can deliver their Felt B2 and S22 in February for their customers but unable to know when they can deliver the IM2000 and IM5000s they have sold. Perhaps you can have your cake (Dura Ace) and eat it too...

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply