Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where'd the transgenders in sports thread go?
Quote | Reply

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Where'd the transgenders in sports thread go? [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we apparently cant discuss anything controversial here.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:

Same place it's always been

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...l_sports.__P7469344/

Why do you ask?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Where'd the transgenders in sports thread go? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whether you're pretending or not, it's not a good look.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I try to be pretty fucking genuine at all times, so "Pretending" in any way is not my strong suit

Then again, neither are "good looks"

But, thanks for your input

Quote Reply
Re: Where'd the transgenders in sports thread go? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well whether you don't remember the thread you commented on or whether you're pretending, you're certainly not being genuine in your responses despite your righteous indignation.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're right - there WAS a transgender thread over here but I don't completely remember commenting on it other than maybe saying " we already have one" - meaning the LR one, which I was engaged in - if I ever clicked "Post" [I had several iterations an responses, and kept telling myself 'nah, don't say that']

I guess this all proves what Bart Yasso said " All Runners are Liars"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
with respect to damon, apparently we can discuss controversial things here, because in the LR there's a 400+ post thread alive and well. the one here did not, i don't think, get off to a very promising start. if you want to continue that discussion here in this thread you may, but this thread didn't start off with a lot of warm kisses passed around either. so, if you want to discuss this, i would ask that all participants holster their hair triggers and respect the other party's opinion, and try to understand it, even if you don't agree with it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Where'd the transgenders in sports thread go? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
with respect to damon, apparently we can discuss controversial things here, because in the LR there's a 400+ post thread alive and well. the one here did not, i don't think, get off to a very promising start. if you want to continue that discussion here in this thread you may, but this thread didn't start off with a lot of warm kisses passed around either. so, if you want to discuss this, i would ask that all participants holster their hair triggers and respect the other party's opinion, and try to understand it, even if you don't agree with it.
I'm confused regarding what in the deleted thread wasn't appropriate. There's already a response in this thread far more incendiary than anything in the original, so I'm especially confused how this might be a more appropriate venue.

Why wasn't the original thread just locked? Memory-holing it doesn't seem appropriate either way.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Slowman wrote:
I'm confused regarding what in the deleted thread wasn't appropriate. There's already a response in this thread far more incendiary than anything in the original, so I'm especially confused how this might be a more appropriate venue.

Why wasn't the original thread just locked? Memory-holing it doesn't seem appropriate either way.

locked or removed amounts to the same thing: i'm still answering questions about moderation decisions.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had a lively discussion about this topic in 2018. I remember this one

Transgender cyclist beat two women in a womens race....: Triathlon Forum: Slowtwitch Forums

And the one with over 400 responses was very recent. I believe it's still alive in the Lavender Room.

Transgender and high school sports. : Lavender Room: Slowtwitch Forums

Ultimately Dan has final say on these threads.

And as far as the Lavender Room goes, you can pretty much discuss anything as long as the conversation is somewhat civil. The transgender debate seems like it should be in the LR, but to me it doesn't matter that much (ETA: whether it's in the Tri or LR). But I do have strong opinions on the subject :-)

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: Triingtotrain: Apr 13, 21 8:23
Quote Reply