Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
When will the 2012 Felt bikes be available?
Quote | Reply
And, is there any information on them anywhere on-line yet?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: When will the 2012 Felt bikes be available? [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my friends experiences? about 2013.

Uh, that may be a little harsh. Just don't be in a hurry.

Punching cockroaches from day 1.
http://www.tri-junkie.com/
Last edited by: Hounddog: Jul 13, 11 7:43
Quote Reply
Re: When will the 2012 Felt bikes be available? [Hounddog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hounddog wrote:
From my friends experiences? about 2013.

Uh, that may be a little harsh. Just don't be in a hurry.

Doesn't sound harsh to me but maybe I just had a unique experience.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year they had info out in June. Haven't heard anything this year.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: When will the 2012 Felt bikes be available? [Hounddog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, that sounds about right. I had 5 friends wait 5+ months for theirs to arrive. I just got a 2011 and love it, though. Mine came in within 2 weeks of the order, but sizing was limited. In certain sizes there was no ETA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2011 F4 just got here a few weeks ago. I ordered it in December.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vibrolux wrote:
And, is there any information on them anywhere on-line yet?

Thanks

There are 2012 models already shipping to dealers. There have been photos leaked from various internal sales introductions and previews on the web already.
The plan in the USA is to launch the entire scope of the USA product line to our dealers first at the upcoming Dealer Camp in Park City, UT at the end of July.
The global launch; with updates to the website(s) will be September 1st. We'll make a few additions to the current site for the models that are all new with stock at our retailers in July as the inventory builds.

Despite the stories you hear about waiting for 6 months for delivery, that is not typically the case.

If you have a particular question about 2012 and/or a model's availability, perhaps I can help.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: When will the 2012 Felt bikes be available? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2011 B16 (if my LBS still has it in 52 or 54). I don't want to buy it now only to find out something better/cheaper is iminent.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vibrolux wrote:
Well, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2011 B16 (if my LBS still has it in 52 or 54). I don't want to buy it now only to find out something better/cheaper is iminent.

Thanks

Do you want standard or compact cranks?
Do you like the current 2011 color?
Are you male or female?
Where/who is your LBS?

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't matter whether standard or compact cranks.
Not in love with the lime green, but, could live with it as it's different.
Male.
I would purchase it from Breakaway Bikes in Philadelphia, PA.

Thanks,

Mercer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will you have a disc brake equipped cx bike available? If so, what will the hub spacing be?

vibrolux wrote:

I like my Lime Green Machine. Everything else out there seems to be red and/or black.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: When will the 2012 Felt bikes be available? [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But, then my red/black/white Desoto kit won't match....What is wrong with you? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might have missed this as it slid to the second page:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Some new Felt models for the 2012 model year debuted in the Japanese media. Note that, because this off a Japanese website, it's likely a few of these models will not be available for U.S. distribution, but this does provide an interesting insight into the upcoming model year.

http://qbei-sports.info/bicycle/5386

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: When will the 2012 Felt bikes be available? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did see that, but, I don't read Japanese.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vibrolux wrote:
Doesn't matter whether standard or compact cranks.
Male.
I would purchase it from Breakaway Bikes in Philadelphia, PA.

Thanks,

Mercer

Breakaway should have the information you are looking for tomorrow.

Regards,
-SD

Quote Reply
Re: When will the 2012 Felt bikes be available? [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bonesbrigade wrote:
1. Will you have a disc brake equipped cx bike available? 2. If so, what will the hub spacing be?

1. I can't say yet.

2. 135mm O.L.D.

:)

-SD

Last edited by: SuperDave: Jul 13, 11 19:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:

Do you want standard or compact cranks?
Do you like the current 2011 color?
Are you male or female?
Where/who is your LBS?

-SD

I am in the same boat, looking to get into a B16 pretty soon but waiting to see what the 2012 models have to offer. I would prefer compact crank (although I think I will eventually get a Quarq powermeter), don't care about the color, male and will be purchasing from Soler's Sports in Helotes, TX. Any info you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Trevor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any plan to update the AR series?

Love my 2010 B2 and nearly bought an AR just based on it but once I actually laid hands on the current AR it seems like they lack a lot of the aero details of the b2 (even if you ignore the integrated vs standard fork). Seat cutout not nearly as close/ properly curved, fork blades not as smooth/deep, etc.

Looking for a reason not to buy an S5....
Quote Reply
Re: When will the 2012 Felt bikes be available? [hammydad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hammydad,
I was poking around on felt's international website and found this... Love the gloss on matte black
http://www.feltbicycles.com/...d/AR-Series/AR0.aspx

SuperDave, any plans for the AR0 in the US, and availability as a frameset??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
bonesbrigade wrote:
1. Will you have a disc brake equipped cx bike available? 2. If so, what will the hub spacing be?

1. I can't say yet.

2. 135mm O.L.D.

-SD

OK, now we're getting somewhere! So, if Felt is using 135mm rear hubs, then does that mean you will be using wider bottom brackets to preserve the chainline? I'm thinking the newer 2x10 mtn bike cranks will work nicely if so - might just need to change the stock rings.

bonesbrigade wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
bonesbrigade wrote:

1. I can't say yet.

2. 135mm O.L.D.

-SD

OK, now we're getting somewhere! So, if Felt is using 135mm rear hubs, then does that mean you will be using wider bottom brackets to preserve the chainline? I'm thinking the newer 2x10 mtn bike cranks will work nicely if so - might just need to change the stock rings.

No, the chainline can stay at 43.5mm with the longer rear center used on the 'cross models. There is no trouble with 135mm rear spacing and 43.5mm chainline using SRAM BB30 'cross cranksets. The same is true with running a single ring set up as well. You could use the narrow chainline 2x10 MTB cranksets as 45-48mm would still function. I like the idea of a go-anywhere 27t/42t chainring set up using FSAs 386 BB30 MTB carbon crankset.

All speculation of course as we haven't launched our plans for 2012 yet.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Superdave,
I am in the similar boat. Debating between a Z5 or Z4. The Z5 is in my price/performance range but I can't stand the white color on the Z5. I know its totally ridiculous, but if i'm spending $2-3K on a bike, I should love it. I love the Z4 color scheme and the Ultegra is a nice upgrade, but $3K is a bit steep for me. Will there be a color change in the 2012 Z5?

Also, your site says that for a man 5'10" (and i have a 31" inch inseam), on a Z-series I should be on a 56 or 58 frame. I've been measured at two places and am hearing 54 or 56 (both didn't seem to know what they were doing though). A few forums that asked Felt owners their height and inseam showed that most similarly sized guys are on a 54. I know a full measurement is required, but I'm not confident in my two LBS choices in their sizing ability. Any insight here as to what size I should default to if I hear both 54 and 56. Am I better a little too big or a bit too small?

Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: When will the 2012 Felt bikes be available? [rufushank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rufushank wrote:
Superdave,
I am in the similar boat. Debating between a Z5 or Z4. The Z5 is in my price/performance range but I can't stand the white color on the Z5. I know its totally ridiculous, but if i'm spending $2-3K on a bike, I should love it. I love the Z4 color scheme and the Ultegra is a nice upgrade, but $3K is a bit steep for me. Will there be a color change in the 2012 Z5?

Also, your site says that for a man 5'10" (and i have a 31" inch inseam), on a Z-series I should be on a 56 or 58 frame. I've been measured at two places and am hearing 54 or 56 (both didn't seem to know what they were doing though). A few forums that asked Felt owners their height and inseam showed that most similarly sized guys are on a 54. I know a full measurement is required, but I'm not confident in my two LBS choices in their sizing ability. Any insight here as to what size I should default to if I hear both 54 and 56. Am I better a little too big or a bit too small?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, the Z5 is a special Dupont paint for 2012 and it will be a brilliant candy pearl red color. We've also made a few updates to the components like adding a 30t largest cog and new premium saddles.

Our site provides vague general sizing guidelines. Go to a dealer you trust, get on the bike they recommend and decide if it is right for you. I can't fit you over the internet any easier that I could give you a haircut on the phone, but generally at 5'10" I'd start you on a 54cm or a 56cm Z depending on your fit preferences. You aren't better off a "little big" or a "little small". Do you plan to install clip-on aerobars? Are you buying the Z for the head tube height or the ride quality? Do you have good back flexibility? What are your plans for the new bike?

There are many factors more telling to the size of bike I'd recommend beyond your height. Where are you located? Perhaps I can recommend a good fitter/Felt Dealer in your area.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Superdave
Thanks for the advice and time. Much appreciated. Red for 2012 huh? I think I'll go for the white 2011 (or suck it up and get the beautiful Z4).

I am going to visit another dealer about 1 hour away and see what they say. I hate to waste people's time, but I want to make sure I get the right fit. The guys in NYC weren't that thorough and at my second place I didn't get the right guy at my LBS (mountain biker). I live in NYC, but I'll be buying in Great Barrington MA where I ride. If you want to email me directly, I can give you the exact names of the places dmecom1@gmail.com). I had it posted, but took it down as I do not want to bad mouth any retailers.

I will not be using an aerobar (I'm a road guy, no tri's for me). I'm buying for ride quality, fit, build quality, reputation of Felt and price/quality ratio (its my first new bike in many years). My back flexibility is poor - very poor (my yoga instructor laughs at me a lot). I've been doing about 25 miles a ride and 75-125 miles a week; all for recreation. No racing, just exercise and enjoyment. I'm thinking the 54 will be a little more upright and strain my back a bit less. If I have to make a choice, i think I'll go 54 unless you and the LBS say otherwise. Any other thoughts or advice? Thanks again.
Last edited by: rufushank: Jul 17, 11 16:12
Quote Reply

Prev Next