Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale?
Quote | Reply
Saw the pictures on interest for a while but don't see any release date yet.

Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [UnUnU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
December is what I've been told. 54 & 56 only in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:

At launch or will it be limited to those sizes for the foreseeable future? I'm guessing the latter.

I saw a pdf of the 2020 product guide and the premium and RC models are listed, just without pictures. Is there a sizing chart yet? Someone mentioned it would be long and low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UnUnU wrote:

if this is it, it's interesting that they got rid of the integrated hydration system. that is one of the hallmarks of the existing plasma premium.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
UnUnU wrote:

if this is it, it's interesting that they got rid of the integrated hydration system. that is one of the hallmarks of the existing plasma premium.

100% that's a straw coming out from the bento area and leading up to the extensions. There is some integrated bladder in there.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Nov 17, 19 7:39
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Slowman wrote:
UnUnU wrote:

100% that's a straw coming out from the bento area and leading up to the extensions. There is some integrated bladder in there.
ah. okay. sort of a ventum like thing? integrated top tube hydration reservoir? i think it's pretty clear the influence of kienle: the bike has SRAM electronic, zipp tubeless wheels with a schwalbe pro one TT, the tire he's been racing this year (some of which i took possession of on friday for testing).

notice that the pedestaling cants backward, for no good reason i could see, and there's nothing directly below the line the pedestals are taking - nothing underneath the base bar. that leads me to wonder if this isn't a riff of of cervelo's speedriser (used in the P3X and the P5D).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was imagining less Ventum hydration or more just the old specialized bladder. I assumed that top rubber part was a functional bento taht just had a straw coming up through it but don't really have anything to back that up. It is odd that they would also have that bta hydration in the promo picture though, or maybe that is the solid nutrition storage?
I'm also a big fan of that BB area storage. It looks like you just push in on the small black tabs on either side (or one side) and the whole box just slides up. Arguably cleaner than something that's external. And certainly less likely to disappear while riding.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I was imagining less Ventum hydration or more just the old specialized bladder. I assumed that top rubber part was a functional bento taht just had a straw coming up through it but don't really have anything to back that up. It is odd that they would also have that bta hydration in the promo picture though, or maybe that is the solid nutrition storage?
I'm also a big fan of that BB area storage. It looks like you just push in on the small black tabs on either side (or one side) and the whole box just slides up. Arguably cleaner than something that's external. And certainly less likely to disappear while riding.
i never felt like the shiv's hydration system was a winner. too many user just don't want to extract, clean, reinsert that bladder. i'd be interested in knowing how many shiv owners actually us that hydration system.

front hydration needs to be: refillable during the race and easy to clean. if there's a bladder in there, i'd say that's a step backward for scott. but i haven't seen or used it obviously, so i'm suspicious. if i'm right about the way the pads pedestal, then that does create an extra complexity for front hydration. nevertheless, i don't like frame bladders as the hydration mechanism.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
front hydration needs to be: refillable during the race and easy to clean.

And splash proof and, at worst, drag neutral. Bonus points for nice looks. That’s always been my list of requirements for front hydration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would bet this BTA box is for solid nutrition.
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pwai wrote:
I would bet this BTA box is for solid nutrition.

I think so too. Bladder for hydration and bento in front. Keeps all the nutrition near your hands.

I hope there's a bladder so that it can be cleaned if used with a carb mix. Not sure what the issue is with bladders. I like them and dont mind rinsing them out, as long as it's an simple design. My guess is the fill port is behind the straw exit so that it can. Be easily filled while riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i never felt like the shiv's hydration system was a winner. too many user just don't want to extract, clean, reinsert that bladder. i'd be interested in knowing how many shiv owners actually us that hydration system.

front hydration needs to be: refillable during the race and easy to clean. if there's a bladder in there, i'd say that's a step backward for scott. but i haven't seen or used it obviously, so i'm suspicious. if i'm right about the way the pads pedestal, then that does create an extra complexity for front hydration. nevertheless, i don't like frame bladders as the hydration mechanism.

I'm a Shiv owner and a bladder user *but* I only use it for water and only for races or an occasional ~2:00 tempo ride. Removing it and re-inserting it is a pain. Cleaning it is a pain because of how it is constructed. However it's darn useful for halfs. For a 70.3 all I need is a full bladder (size large Shiv, IIRC about 25-30oz in the bladder) and a big bottle between my arms, a couple of gels, and I'm good to go.

For the Scott I'm very inclined to say that they are *not* going with an internal bladder because the Specialized patent has that pretty well buttoned up. The Specialized patent does not cover an integrated bottle, however, and I'd bet that's what we're seeing in the head tube/top tube area. Or maybe the BB storage area is a bottle and the top tube is a bento. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Regarding the pedastal/riser... no clue why they angled it back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

notice that the pedestaling cants backward, for no good reason i could see, and there's nothing directly below the line the pedestals are taking - nothing underneath the base bar. that leads me to wonder if this isn't a riff of of cervelo's speedriser (used in the P3X and the P5D).

My guess is it's reversible to allow for more/less reach.
Also looks like it is made up of a bunch of 1/4 stacked spacers.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: timr: Nov 17, 19 16:53
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be an interesting concept if the riders can be angled forward.

Top tube bottle makes sense, too. Something like the PD FC or Canyon bottle but in the top tube for easy refills. I like that idea. I also hope the BB storage isn't for nutrition, but then I'd wonder why it needs the rear storage, too.

Honestly, I like the design and the amount of integration. Seeing how much integration has improved since the Plasma 5 and Shiv, I expect Scott to have made it all useable and easy to tool with. Fingers crossed.
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
Slowman wrote:

My guess is it's reversible to allow for more/less reach.
Also looks like it is made up of a bunch of 1/4 stacked spacers.

Or, they just logically understand that as you go lower, you need to go longer. This bike has massive fit range...I think more than any bike out of the box that I've ever seen.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear. Do you know when dimensions will be shared?

If the BTA bento is narrow and lines up neatly with the monopost, that's a nice solution.

I hope a frameset will be available eventually. If they aren't letting you pick tires, wheel depth, cassette size, chainring size (let alone brands and models of these things) I dont see how customers justify paying $15,000 for these superbikes. I'd be switching nearly everything other than derailleurs, brakes, chain, and shifters.
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Or, they just logically understand that as you go lower, you need to go longer.

This is the post of the year... it completes me. You had me at hello. Etc.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Or, they just logically understand that as you go lower, you need to go longer.

This is the post of the year... it completes me. You had me at hello. Etc.

Love you, too.

I meant to back you up on the whole pre-fit thing in the Premier post, but was slammed Saturday so couldn't get to it. Of course you get pre-fit! What are people thinking? Geez.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's possible that the whole piece where the straw is coming out of is an actual bottle, integrated into the frame. Closer to what ventum has than the Spesh bladder. The bottle in the frame idea makes me a bit nervous, in the past both plasma bottles and canyon bottles have been known to leak here and there.
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Andres wrote:

At launch or will it be limited to those sizes for the foreseeable future? I'm guessing the latter.

I saw a pdf of the 2020 product guide and the premium and RC models are listed, just without pictures. Is there a sizing chart yet? Someone mentioned it would be long and low.

It looks like you found a chart, that looks like the one I've got, and definitely a wide range.

As for sizes, in the US only 54 and 56 for 2020, though Scott USA can order the other sizes from Europe if inventory there is available. Date on a non 54 or 56 I was told was April 2020.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With this angled front view picture it certainly looks like a mono riser built from 2 or 2.5 mm spacers and the top tube hydration seem to be no bladder but more a ‘bottle-ish’ thing that fits prefectly in the frame. And due to this avoiding spec’s patent.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Nov 18, 19 10:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, it appears Scott HQ wasn't very happy about the release of pictures, technical details, etc... They will now be tabling the release until sometime in 2020 for the 2021 model year. No Scott Plasma for YOU! (or anyone, yet)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk about cutting off the nose to spite the face
Quote Reply
Re: When will Scott Plasma 6 be sale? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
With this angled front view picture it certainly looks like a mono riser built from 2 or 2.5 mm spacers and the top tube hydration seem to be no bladder but more a ‘bottle-ish’ thing that fits prefectly in the frame. And due to this avoiding spec’s patent.

Jeroen
I'd assume the only reason they would ever do this tiny spacer ridiculousness would also be to avoid other patents out there? I guess Tririg, Cervelo, or 51SS have all the other more reasonable options covered?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good. I can relax and save up money instead of trying to figure out how to buy one soon.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next