Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When is a 25mm too tight...
Quote | Reply
So I just put a new 25mm Conti GP4000s on my 2015 P2, and it fits! But the little nubs that come on new tires (tentacles?) just touch the down tube that runs at a 45 degree angle to the cassette. Should I be worried about excessive rub? Anyone else just pull those little tentacles off and go? i can take it out but then the tire is mine....guess I can always work it into the rear wheel rotation as no fit issues there.
Quote Reply
Re: When is a 25mm too tight... [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the tighter the better.....no one likes it loose
Quote Reply
Re: When is a 25mm too tight... [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol agreed, just worried about frame rub under load. I'm light at 135 so I think I'm good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While my P2 is much older, I had frame rub under pressure with the 25mm conti’s. I think they actually measure wider than other brands (models).

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
lol agreed, just worried about frame rub under load. I'm light at 135 so I think I'm good.

Mate...that wasn't what I meant haha
Quote Reply
Re: When is a 25mm too tight... [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
While my P2 is much older, I had frame rub under pressure with the 25mm conti’s. I think they actually measure wider than other brands (models).

Yep, the 25mm Conti 4000S on my ENVE wheels measure an actual 29mm wide! Rated capacity on my frame is 28mm . . . but fortunately, the bike builder doesn't really mean it.
Quote Reply
Re: When is a 25mm too tight... [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither did I ;)

LuchaLibre wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:

Mate...that wasn't what I meant haha
Quote Reply