Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When does Flo usually have their sale?
Quote | Reply
I remember in years past that Flo usually runs a big sale each year but I can't remember when it is. Anyone know? I'm looking for a disc w/ aluminum brake track.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: When does Flo usually have their sale? [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not think they have an actual set time of the year. I think when they get a decent stock of blemished wheels they usually have their blemish sale.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRugby wrote:
I remember in years past that Flo usually runs a big sale each year but I can't remember when it is. Anyone know? I'm looking for a disc w/ aluminum brake track.

Historically, we never discount our regular products. In 7 years of selling, we may have done it 1 or 2 times. We do have sales from time to time on blemished products or an old product line if we introduce something new. I just checked and we currently do not have any A+C blemished discs in stock.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: When does Flo usually have their sale? [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:
TriRugby wrote:

Historically, we never discount our regular products. In 7 years of selling, we may have done it 1 or 2 times. We do have sales from time to time on blemished products or an old product line if we introduce something new. I just checked and we currently do not have any A+C blemished discs in stock.

Take care,

Do you have any non blem A+C discs in stock? Couldn't tell from the website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Chris,

Are your Flo Alu 30 rims done forever?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you thought about a set of HED JETs? Currently at $1100 which is about what you would pay for Flo but you get much lighter, faster, wider, handle better and ships today. They are better sales that can be found usually on these later on in the season. I wrote a more detailed list of reasons in a full piece titled. Best Value Aero Wheelset

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: When does Flo usually have their sale? [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davejustdave wrote:
Canadian wrote:
TriRugby wrote:

Take care,

Do you have any non blem A+C discs in stock? Couldn't tell from the website

We are currently waiting on a container to arrive. DISC wheels should start shipping again around the end of May.

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Re: When does Flo usually have their sale? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
much faster, handle better

Much faster? Handle better? Rather bold claims aren't they?

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for your reply.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Thomas,
Yes I thought about them and have them. lol. I was just looking for a disc wheel, but will probably just get a disc cover at this point. I'm not really in a rush to buy and would prefer the disc wheel to the cover for no other reason except I think the whomp whomp sound is pretty cool.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He said he's looking for a disc though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't believe that Flo disc wheels make the classic disc wheel sound.
Quote Reply
Re: When does Flo usually have their sale? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I don't believe that Flo disc wheels make the classic disc wheel sound.

I can confirm that they do not. I have a Flo aluminum track disc wheel, purchased a few months ago. Love the wheel though - no complaints.
Quote Reply
Re: When does Flo usually have their sale? [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I think that confirms that disc cover is the way to go. I think the price on a flo disc is awesome (even better if there was blem deal). However, with my personal dollar/watts equation that has to be my winner.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRugby wrote:
Thank you. I think that confirms that disc cover is the way to go. I think the price on a flo disc is awesome (even better if there was blem deal). However, with my personal dollar/watts equation that has to be my winner.

My wife has a disc cover on her Flo 90, and it works fine. I cut the valve hole a little larger using a Dremel so that I could get a traditional bike pump on there, rather than having to use a “crack pipe.” Not pretty but more convenient.
Quote Reply