Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When do you buy a new bike?
Quote | Reply
I know the immediate answer is now but I am curious what others do. I have 1997 Softride that has been upgraded to a mix of Ultegra/DurAce components, Hed TriSpokes, Carbon Aero forks. Not much left to do except go to the new carbon aero bars now available. I don't believe equipment is holding me back at all actually I have placed in my AG the last 3 races.

Bike lust does call (Griffen or Yaqui) I just cannot rationalize a good reason other than a 6 year old bike. Feed back or counseling appreciated.

fal7
Quote Reply
Re: When do you buy a new bike? [fal7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously? When I have the cash and the desire.

6 years sounds to me like you got your money's worth. Bike lust is a perfectly legitimate reason to buy new gear. Just don't be under the misconception that a new ride will make you faster. Maybe you're just ready for a change, or you want to try something different, or you want to reward yourself, or you hope a new toy will motivate you to train better. I think these are all valid reasons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
november, december, or janurary

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my first thought was, "whenever I've got the money" but the truth is, I never actually wait for that!

go get it. you'll have a renewed passion to get out on the bike even if it doesn't make you any faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh-oh. The "boys and their toys" syndrome. We all go through this. You're sufferering from a bad case of the "wants" which is completely different from the "needs".

Probably no logical reason at all to change bikes other than for the joy of riding something new and different. The Yaqui or Griffen won't likely be any faster than your Softride.

It's all a matter of priorities. Do you have a wife? If so you might want to consult with her first just in case she was expecting to get the kitchen remodelled this year.
Quote Reply
Re: When do you buy a new bike? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. Actually the wife is OK with it. Bought new house, daughter graduates from college in May and so on. Do not expect to be faster on new bike just got the "wants" for no good reason.
fal7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"wife is OK with it. Bought new house, daughter graduates from college in May"

Now you've explained it. Go for it. You've earned it. My daughter started college this year and my son is still in high school. No new bikes for me for a few more years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if you have the discretionary income to do it and you want it I would go ahead and do it. On the other hand, when you look at the other things you could do with the same amount of money that may alter your decision. In either case be sure you get a good fit. I can personally endorse Ves' fit capabilites as excellent as well as his bicycles. Don't let lust blind you. In all matters, including bike buying, it will lead to a decision you will regret.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you're ready. I know "it's all about the engine" and all that yada, yada, but a new bike once in a while is a lot of fun. It sounds like you have your priorities right. I'd go for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get the new bike send the saftride to me. ultra-poser is not below begging.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply