Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheelset - Minimal Width Tolerance!
Quote | Reply
Hoping you guys can help...

I'm looking for any recommendations for aero wheelsets that will come up a little thinner than most of the todays wider rim options. My Colnago K-Zero hasn't the room for todays wider wheels (rear 24mm max) so looking for an older tubeless or clincher option.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelset - Minimal Width Tolerance! [IMJonesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might look at a shimano c50 or c60. I also think most mavic wheels are narrower
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelset - Minimal Width Tolerance! [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this.

The newer Mavic's have also gone wider but will keep my eye out for older options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at SwissSide. They are just 23mm at the brake track
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am on my second set of Dura ACE C50’s (22.5). I wish I could get the newer 24.5-25’s on my QR CDO.1 but these are really nice and just barely fit due to the TRP brakes. I can still put a 25 on the back for some reason.
Good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was looking recently at a set of cosmic carbone clinchers used recently, the model with an aluminum brake track (which I generally prefer). Pretty sure they fit what you want, and it was for a decent price on ebay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you lacking clearance? You can always file the brake pads. They usually have a lot of material that you can remove, but even just removing 2mm from each side increases clearance by 4mm, which makes a huge difference. Some pads can even be ordered narrower for low clearance bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Where are you lacking clearance? You can always file the brake pads. They usually have a lot of material that you can remove, but even just removing 2mm from each side increases clearance by 4mm, which makes a huge difference. Some pads can even be ordered narrower for low clearance bikes

Also, you could of remove the pad carrier spacers/washer for extra clearance. My older Felt B series I ended up removing the washers on the rear trp caliper to get HED Jet+ rear to fit. This was suggested by a Felt rep and he even told me that it was possible to for 28mm external width wheels doing that.

Alternatively the HED Jets with the "c2" rims versions should be fine as those are 23mm external width. Still has an metal braken track since they are aluminum wheels still. But it seems those you'd probably have to find on the used market or on clearance since it seems HED has phased these out in favor of the wider "+" line for the aluminum wheels that are 25mm external width.

I also think older gen Flo wheels also fall within the max width for what you are asking for. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but not thought they were 24mm external width or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A excel sports was blowing the Mavics for under $1000 a pair. Not sure if they were tubeless compatible
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelset - Minimal Width Tolerance! [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:

Also, you could of remove the pad carrier spacers/washer for extra clearance. My older Felt B series I ended up removing the washers on the rear trp caliper to get HED Jet+ rear to fit. This was suggested by a Felt rep and he even told me that it was possible to for 28mm external width wheels doing that.

Alternatively the HED Jets with the "c2" rims versions should be fine as those are 23mm external width. Still has an metal braken track since they are aluminum wheels still. But it seems those you'd probably have to find on the used market or on clearance since it seems HED has phased these out in favor of the wider "+" line for the aluminum wheels that are 25mm external width.

I also think older gen Flo wheels also fall within the max width for what you are asking for. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but not thought they were 24mm external width or so.

Great advice thank you! I'm lacking clearance on the rear, certainly at the brake pads so will check that out. I'm talking to the Flo and Swiss Side guys to see if there's options there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I have same issued with Ridley Noah and integrated brakes, new wheels dont fit

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelset - Minimal Width Tolerance! [RobertK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shave the pads.
Quote Reply