Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel important decisions.
Quote | Reply
I am now down to one set of wheels, an old set of bottom-end Rolfs which I scavenged from my wife's bike. I have a pair of bontragers that I can rebuild, but I still need a new set of road race wheels. Price is not a huge issue, within reason, so trying to decide between:
  • Bonti Race X Lite
  • Bonti Race XXX Lite (serious $$$)
  • Mavic Ksyrium SL
  • Shimano 7800 (will require upgrade to 10 speed, so serious $$$)

I'm indifferent as to tubs or clinchers. My gut says the Bonti X Lites or Mavics due to price, but I like the thought of the others more. Anyone ridden the XXX lites or the Shimano wheels and can offer their impressions?

Thanks

J.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel important decisions. [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/url]5. Can I use my current 9-speed hubs with the new 10-speed cassette (CS-7800)? Yes, any 9-speed Shimano free hub (FH) can accept the new cassette. A spacer (provided with the cassette) must be used for adaptation.

I have been training and riding on 2003 7800's from the old saturn team. They are awesome, especially for what I paid for them. Strong, decently light, not killer light though. Go tubular if you have the $$ and decide to get a new set. Otherwise the x-lites in tubular or the ksyriums in tubie would be my next choice for a strong light wheel. x-lites look nice for 04. In a month or two I should have a pair on my new bike. I'll post feedback.
Quote Reply