Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Whats your 1 Mile PR
Quote | Reply
Anyone doing 9/8/19 NYC 5th Avenue Mile?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Aug 21, 19 10:12
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone doing 9/8/19 NYC 5th Avenue Mile - whats your mile time? [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I quit triathlon in the next 30 days, I’d totally go back to running middle distance.

But no, not running

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone doing 9/8/19 NYC 5th Avenue Mile - whats your mile time? [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's your 1 mile PR?//

I know we have some low 3;50's guys on here, not sure if anyone faster than that. Does anyone know if Alan Webb ever posted in his short switch to pro triathlon? Suppose that would count as our fastest if he did.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone doing 9/8/19 NYC 5th Avenue Mile - whats your mile time? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I could eek out a 6:45. I'm not very fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may since it's around the corner from me.. think I could knock out a 4:50. Might be able to see my AG winners off in the distance if I squint.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Last edited by: MrRabbit: Aug 20, 19 16:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably will go race... Just as a lark. Guessing it will be in 5:30s... Pr in high school 4:48
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone doing 9/8/19 NYC 5th Avenue Mile - whats your mile time? [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be somewhere in that range ... I did 5:19 last year. PR is 5:18 from high school.

I'm hoping to break 5 in the NYC mile and then break 5 at Augusta 70.3 in September to have 4:XX times the whole month.

I feel more confident about Augusta than breaking 5 in the mile right now. Even if I bonk the 1 mile, its still a fun race. Very well organized.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your 1 Mile PR [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
around 5:40... back in high school.. no way I could sniff that with current condition of my knee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The last time I tried it was around 5:40ish (can't remember the exact time)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4:25 in another lifetime. Won't even try now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About 20 seconds faster than Fishbum's

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your 1 Mile PR [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brider wrote:

Similar:

High School - 4:27
Age 31 - 4:03 1500m on the track (about 4:23)
Santa Barbara State Street Mile (downhill) - 4:09 Yeah, that's my PR!!

FYI - that was about 3 decades ago!
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your 1 Mile PR [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4:17 in college - 1973

4:32 corporate track - 1986

5:35 age group mile at 60 years old - 2014

was hoping to do the 5th avenue mile as a 65th birthday present to myself, goal was 5:50

Torn quadriceps tendon 10 weeks ago has killed that dream..... Maybe 6:10 in 2 years????
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your 1 Mile PR [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
brider wrote:

Similar:

High School - 4:27
Age 31 - 4:03 1500m on the track (about 4:23)
Santa Barbara State Street Mile (downhill) - 4:09 Yeah, that's my PR!!

FYI - that was about 3 decades ago!

Yep.

10 years ago at 48 I did 5:48 on a point to point road race similar to the 5th ave mile.

In high school on a cinder 440 yd track I ran 4:35.

Today I would be happy with anything in the low 6's.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran a 4:20 before baskeball practice in high school once which was ~20 years ago.... our coach picked up some conditioning stuff he called the 'Virginia program' and we'd run a timed mile before practice even started. I didn't mind it so much and could go sub 5 pretty easy but the team in general didn't enjoy it. Didn't run track and played team sports.

I ran a 5:10 two years ago, would be fun but briefly painful to see if I could maybe go sub 5.

Sub 4 is crazy fast btw!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4:44, but that was 30+ years and 20 lbs less ago...

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My last 5th avenue mile in 2017 remains my PR of 5:23, even now with better running fitness I did a track mile and hit 5:23. I imagine the 5th ave mile is faster because of both being in a straight line and having the slight downhill on the back half.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HS PR 4:32 1988

Now- SLOW

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My last mile race I crushed it in about 10 minutes...but it was also a beer mile.

Quote | Reply
Ran 4:20 my senior year of high school off of cross country training before I re-injured my foot. I really think I could have been a decent miler if I commited to 1500/3k rather than long distance stuff. Body just couldn't handle the miles needed to compete.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone doing 9/8/19 NYC 5th Avenue Mile - whats your mile time? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
What's your 1 mile PR?//

I know we have some low 3;50's guys on here, not sure if anyone faster than that. Does anyone know if Alan Webb ever posted in his short switch to pro triathlon? Suppose that would count as our fastest if he did.

Low 3:50s? Some? Who? I'd wager that if you took all 92,483 registered users and counted the number of sub-4 milers amongst them that the total would be somewhere between 0 and 1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4:48 back in March of this year. This was during lots of base pace training with the only intensity being a track session on Tuesday nights. PR was during one of said track sessions. Maybe a 4:30 now? Will have to wait and check the speed later in October with 70.3 Santa Cruz coming up

Dominic Pollizzi

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone doing 9/8/19 NYC 5th Avenue Mile - whats your mile time? [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I know one guy that has run something like 40 or more sub 4 minute miles, I think a 3;51 PR. He could probably could tell better who the old elite guys here were, don't forge that Aussie guy that went pretty fast, Mothram? I think you would be surprised at the folks we have on here...(-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5:09, back in the early '90s. A few decades and some injuries and health issues later, I'm lucky to get close to twice that now...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your 1 Mile PR [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran a 3:50 a few years ago on a local track...and the realized a mile was 4 laps, not 3! LOL
Quote Reply

Prev Next