Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whats up with Air Relax?
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice their website shows closed for maintenance? Not sure how long it has had this landing page, but at least a couple days. Are they out of business?

www.air-relax.com

Quote Reply
Re: Whats up with Air Relax? [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes they have had inventory issues for about the past 8 weeks and they just take their SHOPIFY front-end down as a quick fix. Don't necessarily agree with it, but they have grown leaps and bounds since 2016 and have taken on a lot of distributors all over the globe. Those distributors I suspect are a lot more important, to one, keep them happy and supplied with the product they do have, but are also more profitable. I know they have wanted to raise prices in the US as their pricing is just not sustainable especially with some specific tariffs issues. This is a bit of speculation as well, but I know companies have had delays in customs due to Trump Tariffs in general. There site does open back up once in a while, but is usually only open for a day or two. Closing the site is just how they handle it.

FWIW, I reviewed Speed Hound recovery compression boots back in April. Haven't really promoted it too much, but the owner is an ST lurker for sure and a triathlete himself. In short, I am huge fan of the unit. It is a little more expensive than Air Relax but far less expensive that Rapid Reboot. The Speed Hound unit is essentially the same guts as Rapid Reboot and is made by the same manufacturer. It cycles thru the compression cycles a little slower than Air Relax (more akin to Normatec), goes to similar pressures (250mmHg), but unlike Rapid Reboot the cords exit the top instead of the bottom which is a huge plus IMHO. It is a huge winner for triathletes.

The legs are little narrow for some of the medical patients that Air Relax serves but to my understanding they are coming out with wider boots and unless your a huge cross-fit squatting a bunch with monster monster thighs you will be good in the normal version of the Speed Hound legs. Happy to answer any questions but you can probably find a lot of them in this short comparison of Speed Hound vs Normatec here that I did.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Jun 11, 19 9:15
Quote Reply
Re: Whats up with Air Relax? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! I bought a pair of Air Relax at the end of last year and have really liked them. Had recommended to a friend, but he went to the website and found the temporary landing page. I'll pass the information along to him, and about the Speed Hound unit.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats up with Air Relax? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Yes they have had inventory issues for about the past 8 weeks and they just take their SHOPIFY front-end down as a quick fix. Don't necessarily agree with it, but they have grown leaps and bounds since 2016 and have taken on a lot of distributors all over the globe. Those distributors I suspect are a lot more important, to one, keep them happy and supplied with the product they do have, but are also more profitable. I know they have wanted to raise prices in the US as their pricing is just not sustainable especially with some specific tariffs issues. This is a bit of speculation as well, but I know companies have had delays in customs due to Trump Tariffs in general. There site does open back up once in a while, but is usually only open for a day or two. Closing the site is just how they handle it.

FWIW, I reviewed Speed Hound recovery compression boots back in April. Haven't really promoted it too much, but the owner is an ST lurker for sure and a triathlete himself. In short, I am huge fan of the unit. It is a little more expensive than Air Relax but far less expensive that Rapid Reboot. The Speed Hound unit is essentially the same guts as Rapid Reboot and is made by the same manufacturer. It cycles thru the compression cycles a little slower than Air Relax (more akin to Normatec), goes to similar pressures (250mmHg), but unlike Rapid Reboot the cords exit the top instead of the bottom which is a huge plus IMHO. It is a huge winner for triathletes.

The legs are little narrow for some of the medical patients that Air Relax serves but to my understanding they are coming out with wider boots and unless your a huge cross-fit squatting a bunch with monster monster thighs you will be good in the normal version of the Speed Hound legs. Happy to answer any questions but you can probably find a lot of them in this short comparison of Speed Hound vs Normatec here that I did.
I apologize to you all. LOL (kind of, as it was my fault). I have their leg setup, and went back to their site and it was up and going but my 6% discount from when I bought the leg setup wouldn't work...so I emailed them. At that point they wrote back that they took the site down, but to email them directly on what I wanted. I ordered the shorts/hips setup and they sent the invoice and boom, DONE! My "shorts" arrived yesterday and I tinkered with them last night...and they are a good addition (not as good as the legs...legs are the BEST).

So yeah, email them if you are looking at something.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats up with Air Relax? [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:

At that point they wrote back that they took the site down, but to email them directly on what I wanted. I ordered the shorts/hips setup and they sent the invoice and boom, DONE! My "shorts" arrived yesterday and I tinkered with them last night...and they are a good addition (not as good as the legs...legs are the BEST).

So yeah, email them if you are looking at something.

Good point thanks for sharing. That email is hello@air-relax.com. And you can always mention June 2019 coupon code (NNJY06TG) or July 2019 (C7YK07TG).

As for shorts, that matches my own experiences, people are going to find they spend the majority of time in the legs. And shorts is hard but I am glad that Air Relax put some effort into them at least. I have been hounding Normatec for a while to produce better hips but it has fallen on deaf ears thus far.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply