Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whats' the best bike under $2000
Quote | Reply
I am buying a tri bike. I already own a road bike and have put ~3000 miles on it. I am ready for a new T bike and my budget is ~1800. I do mostly Olympic distances and want to do two 1/2 IM this year. Whats the best bike I can get for my buck? All responses will be greatly appreciated.

Vlady
Quote Reply
ask ten people... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and it's likely that you'll get nearly ten different answers. 'best' anything questions are always trouble. anyway, i'd say it's worth looking at the cervelos (i'm not sure which one would fall into that range), airbornes can be pretty affordable, and i've heard a lot of good things about them, and i think giant may have a 'tri' bike on the market in that range (i say 'tri' because it may be a road bike with aerobars, but i'm not sure, i'll let you check for yourself). also, cannondale may have a tri bike in that price range, and i believe the kestrel talon is near that price as well. happy hunting. later,

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Re: Whats' the best bike under $2000 [VladyN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
without a doubt its the cervelo p2k. read the write up at www.bikesportmichigan.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would put a vote in for Felt as well. Check out the Bikesport website for their reviews on the s22 and s32.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats' the best bike under $2000 [QR guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a name like QR guy I thought you'd vote your namesake?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one that fits you---eh Tom?

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Felt S22 is definetly a strong bike for the money, good frame, great components. Since you are considering the half IM's you may wan't to try the BP Stealth. (Bikeparts.net) chucksbikes.com also has the frame for sale for cheaper. Cervelos are nice, but you might also keep an I on ebay. Just watch for fakes. I'm happy with my QR. Personally though, the biggest difference is going to be fit. I would recomend going to your LBS and talking to them. (Assuming they are at all Tri-minded.) Good Luck.

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would vote for the Cervelo P2K. It is a great bike. And there are good chances that you will find one that fits you. Tom wrote in his P@K review: 'The Cervelo P2K has greater fit flexibility than any other conventional triathlon bike'.

Check the review at http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/reviews/pk2.shtml
Quote Reply
Re: Whats' the best bike under $2000 [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly- buy the one that fits.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many have said the p2k but I don't think that fits your budget because you say in your post ~$1800 and the p2k is $2000. You then have to add the little extras (like tax, water bottle, etc) and you are at 21-2200. If you like cervelo I think the duel is more in your price range.

A
Quote Reply
Re: Whats' the best bike under $2000 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a few P2K blowout deals out there for less than 2 grand mail order.....if they have your framesize in stock. After which if you want to get the bike right, you'll need to take it to your local tri shop or fitter who knows Cervelo to ensure proper fit (a really good fitting will cost 100-150 bucks). Of course, to ensure proper frame size in the first place you'll need to work with a Cervelo expert or dealer. The 300 bucks you save may become an $1850 plus shipping mistake if you get the wrong frame size. If I had ordered my own Cervelo vs going to an expert, I'd have ended up buying a 56-57cm frame....and would have had the wrong bike (I'm on a 55cm which fits me perfectly). I've seen plenty of eBay and RBR ads for real sweet new bikes being sold by people who bought the wrong sized frame.
Quote Reply