Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What year did they improve the brakes on QR cd.01?
Quote | Reply
My QR cd.01 is 2012 and has the horrible rear brakes. A friend is interested in a used cd.01 (she hasn’t found out the year of the bike yet). I’m pretty sure they started making the bike with better brakes eventually but don’t know when.
Quote Reply
Re: What year did they improve the brakes on QR cd.01? [smoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first gen used a center pull TRP u-brake. It sucked.

The next gen used a side pull TRP u-brake. It still sucked.

Your best bet is to buy a TriRig Omega SV or Omega X. Both will be a massive improvement from either version.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: What year did they improve the brakes on QR cd.01? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
The first gen used a center pull TRP u-brake. It sucked.

The next gen used a side pull TRP u-brake. It still sucked.

Your best bet is to buy a TriRig Omega SV or Omega X. Both will be a massive improvement from either version.

So they never got better?

I’m guessing that rather than have to change the brakes she’ll just find a different bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the 2nd gen brakes on my CD0.1. You need really clean cable routing, and precise spring tension to get them feeling good.

The problem is that road grit gums them up easily, and you have to remove the crank to make adjustments, especially if you are swapping wheels from training to racing.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The year they started making the PR series and dropped that turd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 2009 and 2010 CD0.1 had center pull rear brakes. They switched to side pull with a noodle beginning in 2011. I have a 2009 model with the center pull brake. It's quite finicky to get set up, but once I get it dialed in, it seems to have adequate stopping power. I added an in-line barrel adjuster between the bars and top tube port. That allows me tweak things when swapping wheels or even on the fly while riding.

The rest of this I'm only 95% certain about. I think the easiest way to tell whether a given CD0.1 is pre-2011 or post 2011 (like in a photo on the ebay) is the name on the down tube. The 2009 and 2010 had the text "Quintana Roo" on the down tube. The 2011 and newer models had a large "QR" on the down tube.
Last edited by: Signal8: Aug 2, 18 13:56
Quote Reply