Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What would you pay: 2006 p2c full da
Quote | Reply
I have an opportunity to pick up a 2006 p2c with full da. I think it's a great deal, but I'm curious what you would pay.

So let's say you actually wanted a p2c. What would you be willing to pay for one in good condition?
Quote Reply
Re: What would you pay: 2006 p2c full da [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably $1600 tops...
Quote Reply
Re: What would you pay: 2006 p2c full da [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the "full DA" also 2006? If so I'd pass unless it wasn't used much.
I've got an 06 bike hanging in the garage with mixed DA and Ultegra.
I wouldn't buy it in it's current condition with all the other available stuff out there.

BTW anyone looking for an 06' QR Caliente? Give you a deal.

Quote | Reply
"I wouldn't buy it in it's current condition with all the other available stuff out there."

Just curious, but why? If the price is right and the bike is sound and doesn't require a lot of attention, it can be a really good deal on a killer bike that would serve just about anyone on this board VERY well, regardless of their level.

If you're referencing the fact that a whole lot of triathletes take crap care of their bikes and this one might be one of those neglected ones...well...I might agree somewhat, and would certainly take a closer look.
Quote Reply
Re: What would you pay: 2006 p2c full da [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I paid $1000 for an '06 P2c with full DA about a year ago. It needed pedals, new tires and a tuneup, nothing major. He was asking $1300 for it and I think it had been on CL for about a month off and on, that was without race wheels, just the Easton Vistas.. It may not quite measure up to a brand new P2c, but for half the price it's a hell of a lot more than half the bike. The LBS who knew I was shopping for a bike and had test ridden several of theirs, said I'd be a fool to spend a grand in their store instead of on that bike.
Quote Reply
Re: What would you pay: 2006 p2c full da [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saying that there is a ton of "deals" out there. In some climates (I live on the west coast near the ocean) bikes are ridden year round so I'm thinking nearly 6 solid years of riding is going to put a lot of wear on your components. Why pay ANY money for something that pretty much needs to be replaced. If it's five bucks and it breaks tomorrow (yes, I know, extreme example. Calm down) you just wasted five bucks. Trust me, I have "scored" many "deals" that ended up just being money down the drain.
Like I said, if it wasn't used that much and was well taken care of then it's worth thinking about.

Someone posted $1600.

You can get a brand new 2010 p2c with ultegra for $2000. I'd say spend the extra $400 and brand new stuff and a warranty. Is 2006 DA really any better than 2010 Ultegra? I don't know. Maybe it is.