Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What would you do? [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
I think you did the right thing.
I'd probably go back at some point, maybe she was just having a bad day / it may never come back up.

If it is a recurring issue, I would have to ask myself... "Is this the hill I want to die on" (no pun intended) and then proceed from there as I saw fit. Sometimes being right isn't worth the hassle.

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat. There's a route out through the country near my home I like to ride in the mornings. There's one farm home, on the most remote stretch of road, where 3 dogs are frequently out, and allowed to roam free. At first, they would run along side me in the ditch. Then one, and eventually a second, would come onto the pavement to run after me or alongside of me. More recently, one has been crossing over, sometimes right in front of me, and running alongside me on my left while the other one has me boxed in on the right. They haven't tried to bite me, but I'm worried that they're getting more aggressive, not to mention worried that I might hit one of them now that they're running in front of me.

I thought about "asserting my right" to ride on that stretch of road without being harassed by semi-aggressive dogs. I considered confronting the owner, carrying mace and spraying the dogs if they came out of their yard, or calling animal control. I eventually decided that the best course of action was just to change my route to avoid them.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: May 17, 18 10:51
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teddygram wrote:
Would you try going back and doing intervals in a few weeks

Sure, go back sooner if you like.

I'm sure other's have made the mut bark, they may well have moved the dog inside already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have told Grandma to go inside and pour her self a nice warm glass of shut the fuck up!
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I would have told Grandma to go inside and pour her self a nice warm glass of shut the fuck up!

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? [lschaan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lschaan wrote:
I'd probably put a note in their mailbox stating something along the lines of "Sincere apologies about the disturbance yesterday that woke the newborns up. Hopefully they fell back asleep quickly. I would like to continue to run this hill on my lunch break though. I've been doing this for years and the hill is literally the only one available to me over my lunch break. Hopefully we can avoid waking the newborns up again! I'll only be running by the house between noon and 1pm Tuesday and Thursday, so I might suggest making sure your dog is inside or in the backyard if you do have sleeping children during that hour. Like I said, I'm only planning on being by here during this short hour long window. Appreciate your help and apologies for the disturbance yesterday!"

Yeah, this
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: May 17, 18 12:31
Re: What would you do? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a lot of good information here guys!

I will see what works best - the area is literally a corn field with a main vain running in and out of a little country town between other cities. We have 2 neighborhoods and the running is very limited around it and avoiding the area all together is rather depressing. I live in one of those cities and have plenty of running there - just not as much time to do it there!

The neighborhood has always been my go-to place for quiet and peace and I know its "safe" from cars etc - A lot of work stress pounded out on them streets!
Last edited by: teddygram: May 17, 18 12:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our pediatrician told us to expose our newborn twins to normal sounds so they would acclimate to our lifestyle. That included barking dogs. If she owns dogs, they are going to bark. She needs to understand that at let the babies get accustomed to it.

She is most likely sleep deprived and took some frustration out on you.

I’d probably take a week off from that spot and then try again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kudos to you for moving one and running else where. I'd like to say I would do the same but it would depend upon the day.

Not sure you have to wait two weeks to go back as it seems there are limited options during your lunch run.
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? [lschaan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take some dog treats next time and toss them over the fence. Happy dog, happy run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bit of sympathy would go a long way. Getting triplets (or twins, or any newborn) to sleep all at the same time is a miracle of miracles, and you're probably dealing with an unstable caretaker running on 3 hours of sleep.
Based on the self-righteous responses on this thread, it doesn't sound like there are many parents of newborns on this thread.... just be kind and considerate (as it sounds like you were), because honestly incrementally you're hill intervals are doing what exactly that is more valuable than pissing off a local who knows exactly when you run in the neighborhood every day?
Quote Reply

Prev Next