Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What would you do? Swap the wheels? Stay as is?
Quote | Reply
Currently, I have a powertap SL+ laced into the standard 32h mavic open pro. I use another cheap training wheel in the front.

For racing, I use a wheel cover and a PX 88 front tubular.

So here is the idea: sell the mavic w/ powertap, and the PX tubular. Buy 50mm carbon clinchers and an elite+ PT and lace it in. Use this set up for training and racing.

Would you do this? Are there enough benefits to training on carbon wheels to make it worth while?
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? Swap the wheels? Stay as is? [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you will have to buy all new spokes as the persico diameter is larger than a standard hub. You are better off having wheel builder build you what you want from the get go. If you are going to train and race on the same wheels go with carbon faired aluminum rimmed wheels for durability. Ir go with an srm., I did a lot of looking as these options when 32 hole PT prices dropped. I never wond up buying as I ride H3s.

Run like you stole something
Formerly Fueled by ZYM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what benefits to training on carbon clinchers are you talking about?

stick with the setup you have now

%FTP wrote:
Currently, I have a powertap SL+ laced into the standard 32h mavic open pro. I use another cheap training wheel in the front.

For racing, I use a wheel cover and a PX 88 front tubular.

So here is the idea: sell the mavic w/ powertap, and the PX tubular. Buy 50mm carbon clinchers and an elite+ PT and lace it in. Use this set up for training and racing.

Would you do this? Are there enough benefits to training on carbon wheels to make it worth while?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Feb 27, 11 20:08
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? Swap the wheels? Stay as is? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stick with your wheels you have now. It is a great setup, not need to change it.

Someday when you have a pile a cash that is going to catch on fire if not spent, then you can buy a sub9 with a PT....but until then you have a really great setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agree. personally i'd keep what you got unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket and if you do, go for it ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stick with what you have.
Quote Reply