Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What workouts to increase FTP?
Quote | Reply
Looking to focus on the bike during the off-season and get my FTP to new levels. Hoping to do this through 3-4 rides/week of not much more than 60 minutes, but all with some amount of intensity. Training on Cycleops Hammer with PowerTap P1 pedals and Zwift and Trainerroad. I'm not a big fan of Zwift's workout library, much prefer TRs, but also looking to maybe create custom workouts in Zwift.

What are your go-to workouts?
Quote Reply
Re: What workouts to increase FTP? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3-4 rides/week at <60min isn't going to help much unless you are super new to the sport.

Given those constraints, I'd be doing things like:
10min WU
40min Main set
10min CD

With main sets like: 4x8min on 2min rest, 3x10min on 3min rest, 20x1min on 1min rest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the trainerroad sweet spot workouts. It'd be great if you can get at least a few longer rides each week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Looking to focus on the bike during the off-season and get my FTP to new levels. Hoping to do this through 3-4 rides/week of not much more than 60 minutes, but all with some amount of intensity.

this sounds weak AF

trying to get to new levels without putting in much effort?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Variety is key.

Start with predominantly Z2, after about a month move to Z2 and Z4, roughly 50/50. Then after another month, drop a Z4 session and start adding speed intervals 1-2 times a week, decreasing in length and recovery, but increasing in intensity each week. If possible, your final, hardest speed session should include 6 - 10 intervals of 40 seconds absolute max, 20 seconds recovery. Might not sound that hard but try not to vomit.

Make every 4/5th week, and your second last week a recovery week almost entirely at Z1/Z2 and nothing over threshold.
Quote Reply