Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What watch are you using?
Quote | Reply
I had a Polar RCX5. Cannot find it in my house! Let the kids use it and now is gone. I have a Polar M400 as well.

Planning on doing Ironman next year after a couple years away from triathlon. Since I have been out of the loop for a bit... is there anything that’s the latest greatest? Or, stick with my M400 or RCX5 (if I find it).
Quote Reply
Re: What watch are you using? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin 935 or wait for the new Wahoo tri watch

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happened to me too. Ordered a Fenix and then after wearing it for like a week I found my 910 in a pair of dress shoes I hadn’t worn for months.

I was happy to have the excuse to get the Fenix as the 910 worked perfectly, but was pretty out dated.

Cannot go wrong with a 935 or a Fenix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Replaced my Fenix 3 HR with a 935 and I've been happy.
Quote Reply
Re: What watch are you using? [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
Replaced my Fenix 3 HR with a 935 and I've been happy.

I've been using this guy's old Fenix and it's frickin sweet. I don't know how I was getting by with the TomTom Multisport for so long (which lacked a tri mode btw).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fenix now for a few years. No complaints!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
920xt... Would love a 935 but not enough reasons to upgrade. The new Polar Vantages look nice so will take a look at those too when it comes to new watch time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin Fenix 5X and love it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin 935. Very happy with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto the 935. It is one of the very few that is a true multi-sport watch and has the battery life for a full IM. I have the 735XT and absolutely love it. If mine broke today, I would get a 935 without a blink.
Quote Reply
Re: What watch are you using? [Sullbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fenix 3 to a 5+ titanium. Love the slightly smaller size and weight, but they're still working out some bugs on the GPS in the firmware. Supposedly, the beta version that's being tested now is pretty solid. Crossing fingers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
garmin 920xt. it does everything I need. sure. latest and greatest are always nice but I can't justify the money
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fenix 5x. Best watch I've ever owned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made the switch from Garmin to Suunto (Spartan Sport Wrist HR + Baro) and have been really happy with the switch. The watch does exactly what I want it to and doesn't add unnecessary or confusing additional features. I'm a somewhat simple guy, and I want something that just works. The Suunto has been no-hassle, once you get used to the differences in the UI.

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Quote Reply
Re: What watch are you using? [brmacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any feenix 3/920 garmin or newer will be more than enough for most.
So all about the amount of cash you want to spend, if you want one od the newer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using a Suunto Ambit 3 Sport and I'll use it until it dies. I'd like vibrating alerts and wrist-based HR would be neat, but I really dislike the current crop of color and touch screens. I just do not find the color screens anywear near as legible as traditional B&W screens when using it in bright sun, and I think touchscreens aren't useful for how I like to use the watch. Buttons are perfect for me. I think a lot of the current watches are trying to appeal to Apple Watch users and trying to poach that audience, which I understand, but I feel like the rest of us are paying for features that aren't practical in real life. Color screens look great on the box, but they're objectively not as good in the sun. That sort of thing annoys me.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Last edited by: justinhorne: Sep 21, 18 11:51
Quote Reply
Re: What watch are you using? [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 935 but elevation on rides can be screwy and the open water swim mode has given me some pretty wacky results. Overall way better than my old watch which was a tomtom.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: What watch are you using? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fenix 5 Plus
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fenix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be the contrarian here. I use the 645 and love it. But, I don't do trip anymore. I'd use a 935 if I were still into tri.
Quote Reply
Re: What watch are you using? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I struggle with technology, can anyone reccomend me a watch which is relitivly easy to set up and use without compromising on features etc?
Quote Reply
Re: What watch are you using? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
garmin 920xt. it does everything I need. sure. latest and greatest are always nice but I can't justify the money

I wear a Forerunner 610 for the same reason. It does all that I need it to do, although lately I've been hoping it fails so I can get something else. It's always the balance of want vs. need.
Quote Reply
Re: What watch are you using? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for the 935. Great daily wearer as well. Only caveat is the altimeter breaks somewhat easily (on my third watch in 1.5 years) but Garmin has been generous with replacements.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timex Ironman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd get something like a forerunner 735 and an edge 130. When on the bike i want something in front of me, not on my wrist, and a bigger screen. Have a 920 right now and like it, but if i had a choice that's what I'd do.
Quote Reply

Prev Next