Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What tubular on your race wheels?
Quote | Reply
Just curious.. there's a very limited selection of tubulars our there. I've had some Continental Sprinters mounted on my race wheels. Do you carry a stretched and glued spare when you race?

thanks,
mike
Last edited by: mpanoff: Feb 27, 03 15:07
Quote Reply
Re: What tubular on your race wheels? [mpanoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I carry a new, unstretched tubular without glue on it but I do make sure the glue on my rim is pretty fresh. I could be persuaded to try a thin film of cement on my spare but I think not stretching it helps it stay on better if you do have to change it. Adrenelin will help get the tire on their.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i carry an old tubular with me that has been replaced before it really needed it, so that it could get me through the race. It has some old glue on it, and is obviously stretched. Sometimes i carry nothing, if the race is really short.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: What tubular on your race wheels? [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto Tommy.
Quote Reply
Re: What tubular on your race wheels? [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with Tommy on this too. You may as well use the old tire for something and buying a new one just to fold up and stuff under your seat for races seems pretty pointless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tufo s3 lite 21mm
Quote Reply
Re: What tubular on your race wheels? [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Tufo tire is good and very light. Also consider the Conti Competiition. Those puppies seem to be bullet proof. Don't let the high cost scare you. You can typically get them new on eBay for about $45 each.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My supplier has about 12 different models in 650c, and over 25 in 700c. I'm not sure what you mean by "very limited selection".

I bet there's more 650c tubies around than clinchers ...

Dre'
Quote Reply
Re: What tubular on your race wheels? [Dr. Dre'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Conti Sprinters for the Track (Alpenrose is VERY rough/steep so tough tubulars are good).

Conti Sprinters or Vittoria Corsa CX/CG on the road.

I prefer a slightly more durable tire so I'll concede the few grams (besides, my 909s/404s are so light that the additional tire grams--although rotating--are negligible).

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply