Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What to wear on bike in cold and rain
Quote | Reply
I have a sprint coming up next week and if the weather is anything like it was today (55 and spitting rain) I will freeze my a$$ off on the bike. Usually I wear a tri jersey under the wetsuit and just hop on the bike and go. But if its this cold I may shatter. What did folks use for Wildflower?? Thanks....
Quote Reply
Re: What to wear on bike in cold and rain [Triman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a sprint I'd wear as little as possible or make as quick to put on as possible. So look for bang for the buck. For me, that means keeping my hands, feet, and arms warm.

I'd go with full fingered gloves. Even if they get wet they will stop the wind and that's a huge bonus. The problem is that they take a long time to get on when your hands are wet / damp although that goes for just about anything you'll put on.

For the arms I'd throw on a pair of arm warmers. I did this at WF plus a long sleeved base layer. This was the right combo for me at that race, if it were shorter I'd ditch the base layer.

All I did for my feet was to duct tape the toes of my shoes the day before. I covered up all the mesh and the various holes in the sole. This has a huge impact on keeping water out as well as stopping the wind. The nice thing is that it doesn't impact the transition time. Make sure to apply the duct tape while you're wearing the shors so that you don't negatively impact the fit.
Quote Reply