Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What to watch while on the indoor trainer
Quote | Reply
I do most of my bike training indoors on my trainer and use Trainerroad to structure my training most of the times. Besides Trainerroad I'm mostly also watching something else on the side.

That can be some live cycling or triathlon event if streamed somewhere, sometimes it is YouTube and off course also Netflix. Recently I started rewatching Breaking Bad, which I've seen when it came out (in 2008, that's already 10 years ago).

I thought maybe there are things that you guys and girls are watching while training that I haven't seen yet but are some good entertainment.

So what do you like to watch while riding on the indoor trainer?

Blog | Instagram | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch while on the indoor trainer [mlagerwerf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I try to mix it up with movies or series re-watches (Sopranos, Band of Brothers etc). On weekend morning during the winter I watch plenty of EPL matches.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watch stuff that tends to be heavier on battle & fight scenes and lesser on dialog. So, I am watching all of the Marvel & DC TV series' on Netflix (Arrow, Flash, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, etc.).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like watching lighter fare things. I tend to zone in and out especially with high intensity intervals. So anything that requires paying close attention to I avoid.

So I usually watch comedy shows, comedy movies, even some Disney favorites from my childhood (zero shame!!).
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch while on the indoor trainer [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I watch stuff that tends to be heavier on battle & fight scenes and lesser on dialog. So, I am watching all of the Marvel & DC TV series' on Netflix (Arrow, Flash, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, etc.).

Haven't seen any of the Marvel & DC series, might be a good option to take that up as well. Which do you recommend to start with?

Quote Reply
Re: What to watch while on the indoor trainer [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
I like watching lighter fare things. I tend to zone in and out especially with high intensity intervals. So anything that requires paying close attention to I avoid.

So I usually watch comedy shows, comedy movies, even some Disney favorites from my childhood (zero shame!!).

I've heard that before, that people tend to watch more childhood related things. Haven't done it myself tough.

But sure do agree to watch something lighter. But for me that's also the case with some easy serie of movie that I don't mind missing bits and peaces.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mlagerwerf wrote:
exxxviii wrote:

Haven't seen any of the Marvel & DC series, might be a good option to take that up as well. Which do you recommend to start with?

I find most of the DC movies suck. If you’ve literally seen zero of this genre, I’d start with the first Ironman.

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/...-war-movie-countdown
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On weeknights I watch NBA league pass (season dependent of course) and for long rides on the weekend I mix it up a bit with old race footage on youtube/movies/tv etc.

For anything above Z2, I find spotify helps get me going.
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch while on the indoor trainer [jimmyh49aus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlonlive.tv is my go to. I'll keep up on the ITU season, and if I want to watch some older epic battles, you can watch race coverage from 10 years ago. One hour trainer workouts match up nicely with the Magazine versions, where they recap the men's and women's races from a single stop in 55 minutes. I can't focus on anything with a plot line or story development in oxygen debt.
Quote Reply