Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What supplements do you take for IM?
Quote | Reply
i'm aware nutrition needs are every bit as personal as chamois creme, but does a hierarchy exist for minerals that are lost during a race? for those IM vets, which seem the first to go and which have the most detrimental effect... sodium? potassium? other electrolytes?

if you do use supplements to train/race, what (type, brand) do you use and why?
Quote Reply
Re: What supplements do you take for IM? [golferboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aside form sports drinks, the only thing I add is table salt to my drinks during long hot rides and races. No vitamins/minerals except those I get in my diet.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: What supplements do you take for IM? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]aside form sports drinks, the only thing I add is table salt to my drinks during long hot rides and races. No vitamins/minerals except those I get in my diet.[/reply]

Mike,

Have you ever used or considered using Morton's Lite salt instead of table salt? Morton's Lite salt is half table salt and half fillers. The fillers in this case are potassium, calcium, and magnesium. All of which are considered by many to be valuable electrolytes.

=====================================
It's ALL about the bike!
Quote Reply
Re: What supplements do you take for IM? [asd99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good idea, I have never looked at the label for Mortons Lite Salt. Thanks!

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Last edited by: Mike Plumb: Feb 2, 03 5:32
Quote Reply
Re: What supplements do you take for IM? [golferboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take Succeed caps, which have sodium and potassium in them. The potassium, while important, is not lost as fast as the sodium, so is less crucial. You need to add up sodium losses just as you do calorie losses, and replace them accordingly.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: What supplements do you take for IM? [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the composition of the morton's lite salt sounds compelling and i've heard rather good feedback from succeed cap users as well. anyone experiment with Lava Salts? almost looks like a tablet form of the morton's lite salt... sodiume + potassium + magnesium + maltodextrin.
Quote Reply