Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What small device can I use to run Zwift on my Treadmill or at a hotel or something?
Quote | Reply
I don't own a great phone. What other alternatives do I have for viewing zwift, specifically on my treadmill which has a kindle holder or when I am out travelling and want to hook it up to the hotel gym or get a ride in at a cabin.

Strava:https://www.strava.com/athletes/20890878
Quote Reply
Re: What small device can I use to run Zwift on my Treadmill or at a hotel or something? [SpeedOfCourse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're able to pick up a used iPad that's what I would recommend.
Quote Reply
Re: What small device can I use to run Zwift on my Treadmill or at a hotel or something? [SpeedOfCourse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a 1st generation iPad Air with a cracked screen I picked up on eBay as my primary Zwift device (home and on the road). Works fine and was much cheaper than buying a brand new one.

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What footpod are you using? I'd like to try out zwift running but the $30 zwift pod has some pretty terrible reviews around it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought of this:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...admill-accuracy.html

Then realized you must already have a way to communicate your run to zwift -- just need the machine to do it. As others have said, a used tablet is an inexpensive way to go.
Quote Reply
Re: What small device can I use to run Zwift on my Treadmill or at a hotel or something? [flyinryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I decided not to calibrate mine and it works fine out of the box. I'm only doing static runs at 7mph (8:34) on the treadmill, so it's pretty well spot-on for that.

I think GPLama also has a YouTube video up about the different foot pods, might be worth a watch.

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: What small device can I use to run Zwift on my Treadmill or at a hotel or something? [OtterJohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll give it a look thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: What small device can I use to run Zwift on my Treadmill or at a hotel or something? [flyinryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s 2019, time to buy a modern phone.
Quote Reply
Re: What small device can I use to run Zwift on my Treadmill or at a hotel or something? [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
It’s 2019, time to buy a modern phone.

what phone runs zwift?

to whoever asked, I use the garmin footpod

Question on the IPAD, I never used Apple before, will it be the same USB setup with the garmin usb stick that I use on my pc for zwift to capture the data from my crank or smart trainer? That same Garmin USB stick captures my footpod data as well. Curious if everything works the same on the Ipad air. Thanks everyone. It certainly looks like a good option for when I travel and want to bike in the hotel or run in the hotel gym and capture data on zwift.

Strava:https://www.strava.com/athletes/20890878
Last edited by: SpeedOfCourse: May 19, 19 19:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a Galaxy 9 or a Huawei MediaPad M5 with a bluetooth footpod
Quote Reply