Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Escape to Miami Olympic but exact same setup for IM Frankfurt. Wish I was faster though...

Last edited by: CMattos: Aug 9, 17 19:54
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
I am going to 165 and re look at seat position this winter when I get on a new bike. Always trying to get better and find room for improvement.

what could you possibly be buying that is a significant upgrade from your current setup. just because you're a dentist, doesn't mean you have to feed the stereotype... lol
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Sweeney wrote:
Here's mine, as set up by Dan

I can ride it all day long.

Reminds me of this:

Dan? I am no expert, but this looks awful.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [CMattos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
was your posture better for the IM?

-4 points for having a downtube bottle for an olympic
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
was your posture better for the IM?

-4 points for having a downtube bottle for an olympic

This is what we have been telling this protour tourists:

Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, they are required by regulations to have a bottle there, are they not?
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok "IF" they're gonna have a bottle it has to be there.

don't sidetrack this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
ok "IF" they're gonna have a bottle it has to be there.

don't sidetrack this thread.

Yes, that is the place they have to put it, but the funny thing is for short TT's that they at least don't use aero bottles whether they drink or not, the aero bottle should make their bike more aero at their higher speeds with low yaw. Your comment to the guy about minus points for Olympic and having the bottle, he could have an aero bottle for that duration of race....and yes, I realize that some guys have posted that Sky's Pinarello is pretty good with a round bottle in that position the way it is designed (don't know how, but that is the claim as I am not sure how a round trailing edge for an airfoil is ever faster....we never put them on aircraft or in water in a denser medium on subs)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Quote:
Do you mind sharing your CdA? I have seen pictures of your position and the eyeball windtunnel says maybe sub-0.19, but then again the eyeball isn't always right.

Quote:
Can't share, but you're close with last year's position on the Plasma 3. This year is much lower than that.

like it's some big national security secret. you're a hobby time trialist and most of us are hobby triathletes. please.

I signed an NDA and I take my hobby quite seriously thank you very much. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Define best?

Easy
1. Lowest CdA for the bike leg
2. Can still run after the bike leg

There are some goofy positions that are still really fast. On the U.K. Timetrialing site there was a guy with a pretty high position with a CdA of 0.18. Given that very few people seem capable of a 0.22 CdA just image how fresh you would be after putting in a smoking fast bike leg.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm envious of how well you all hold your heads. I'm going to have to work on that. Nonetheless, I do pretty well with this position on very pedestrian power.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least you have fixed my one aero sin: rear bottle setup. I have worked very hard in 2017 on head and shoulder position.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhchon wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
I am going to 165 and re look at seat position this winter when I get on a new bike. Always trying to get better and find room for improvement.

what could you possibly be buying that is a significant upgrade from your current setup. just because you're a dentist, doesn't mean you have to feed the stereotype... lol

As Steve said I am interested to try 165 cranks, which is debatable if it will help or not, but I want to try at least. My rear bottle placement is not ideal, but with that saddle i am locked into that current bottle placement. Will try a Dash saddle in 2018. Frame still looking at the Felt option, have had some people tell me that its a longer top tube but I have not looked that far into it yet not even really sure if a longer top tube I would need just considering all options.

I think I also benefit from being able to fit into a small helmet when a lot of guys are stuck with a bigger brain and having to go with a med or large.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:

Hope you're not on a Stages. Looks like your left leg may be overestimate your pow..... OH MY GOD!!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img]

I know this isn't the best but works well for me and can run well off the bike. Updates from this pic are the 0x110 fixed position stem and aerohead helmet. Let's see how I fare at Steelhead!

Twitter - Instagram
Last edited by: jrielley: Aug 10, 17 5:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I make some adjustments this weekend.

Quick question on head position.. I was happy to get the tail of my helmet touching my back, but comparing how I look to the others on here it looks like my head is sticking out above my body like a sail. To get that point back, is it a fit thing or literally just hunching over a bit more and dropping my neck down a bit?

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
[/img]

I know this isn't the best but works well for me and can run well off the bike. Updates from this pic are the 0x110 fixed position stem and aerohead helmet. Let's see how I fare at Steelhead!

Do you have the knuckle stem on there or are you running one of the rise stems? if so, how much rise in the photo?

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Aug 10, 17 5:39
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as you said, it's more of a posture thing. kinda trying to stick your chin in between your arms. honestly, head position is probably the thing most left on the table by most athletes. with everything else being the same, i wouldn't be surprised if the delta from a bad head position to a really good one is ~15w.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I follow his username but my answer is Anthony costes!
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
Quote:
Do you mind sharing your CdA? I have seen pictures of your position and the eyeball windtunnel says maybe sub-0.19, but then again the eyeball isn't always right.

Quote:
Can't share, but you're close with last year's position on the Plasma 3. This year is much lower than that.

like it's some big national security secret. you're a hobby time trialist and most of us are hobby triathletes. please.

Think that's the mantra of anyone at ST...you fit right in...even if jkhayc thinks your NDA is rubbish.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
desert dude wrote:
Define best?

Easy
1. Lowest CdA for the bike leg
2. Can still run after the bike leg

There are some goofy positions that are still really fast. On the U.K. Timetrialing site there was a guy with a pretty high position with a CdA of 0.18. Given that very few people seem capable of a 0.22 CdA just image how fresh you would be after putting in a smoking fast bike leg.

There needs to be more criteria than that, I have nearly the lowest drag of anyone here only because I'm smaller but I'm certainly not the fastest .

Perhaps watts/drag?
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In that picture I have the top crown with the 90 stem attachment and it's all the way slammed down. Got the fixed flat stem now. like it a lot better since my top crown would creak all the damn time!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Do you have a picture of the new and old positions? I remember seeing one on the Plasma, but I haven't seen the P5.

I also wondered if you worked with Disley or Smart to come up with that position (I assume you are somewhere in the UK) or do you just pick up ideas from being part of the TT scene over there?
Quote Reply

Prev Next