Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What kind of body-type am I ??
Quote | Reply
First I would like to say thanks for the informative reading material posted here. It definitely helped me through my first solo tri recently. I have done a fair share of article and archive reading, and just have a few simple questions (at least I hope they are simple).

I am unsure whether I am a normally-proportioned biker/trigeek or perhaps not? Here's some info on me:

+ 5'10.5" tall male, 37 yrs old, weight 165lbs, 14% BF, medium-flexibility

+ Recently completed 2 sprint-distance triathlons after being a road biker for sport/training --- but also like to do the 1/2-IM bike leg with teammates. Currently riding a 54cm Trek Y-Foil in road geometry with clip-ons. Previous personal measurements (no jokes here, please) told me to use a longer stem (130mm?) and 172.5 cranks with a seat-height of 69cm (inseam is 32in). I ride in a position between the flat-back aero and the laid-back roadie, but would probably do well with a forward-position on a tri-bike.

+ I guess my general question is---- Am I a short/long-legged or short/long-torsoed guy based upon these measurements, or just normal/average? What category do I fit into, having not YET been professionally fit for a possible NEW bike for next season?

Lower-leg = 41cm, Upper-leg = 43cm, Torso = 56cm, Upper-Arm = 30.5cm, Lower-Arm = 25.5cm

**Again, not looking for any specific fit or info or bike recommendations at this time (but I do like beam-bikes like Softride)----just some general knowledge from those more experienced with body-type classification.

Thanks,

Keith
Quote Reply
Not sure about body type - but some data [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I collected this a few months ago from people on this board. It's height vs weight for triathletes - not sure about bf%, though.

http://www.geocities.com/trimanjay/hvswtri.jpg

-Jay
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of body-type am I ?? [pezdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This should answer you question

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ikes/bikepicker.html

Scroll down a little bit.

jaretj

There are 3 types of people in this world - people that can count, and people that can't
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of body-type am I ?? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies. I guess I am just an average guy, and since I'm also in-between 650c & 700c wheelsize, it's one more decision that I have to make at some point.

[The Bike Picker was actually what got me wondering about long/short---leg/torso, etc....]

Any average guys like me care to comment on their choice of wheelsize?
Quote Reply