Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is up with Cam Dye?
Quote | Reply
What is scheduled for 2018 and what do some of his training sessions look like?

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...h_Cam_Dye__6773.html
Quote Reply
Re: What is up with Cam Dye? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
What is scheduled for 2018 and what do some of his training sessions look like? http://www.slowtwitch.com/...h_Cam_Dye__6773.html

Nice interview Herbert. Going 4 x 100 yd on 1:05 at the end of a 7000 yd workout is pretty impressive IMO. I know pure swimmers can go 100s on 1:05 for 50 x 100 but for a guy who also bikes and runs, that's pretty impressive. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: What is up with Cam Dye? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And at 5500’ altitude :)

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: What is up with Cam Dye? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
And at 5500’ altitude. :)

Good point, I'd forgotten about the altitude factor.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cam was a pretty good swimmer at Iowa. I want to say he was a 1:36-1:38 200 free at his best.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: What is up with Cam Dye? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Cam was a pretty good swimmer at Iowa. I want to say he was a 1:36-1:38 200 free at his best.

Interesting, thanks for that insight. Don't know if you will recall Cameron Widoff, a pro from the 90s/00s, but he used to do a few races in the southeast during his college days. I talked to him once and similarly he went around 1:37-38 for the 200. He graduated from Southern Illinois Univ around 1992-ish.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will interview a few other folks along those lines.

Lauren Brandon for one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know if you will recall Cameron Widoff, a pro from the 90s/00s, but he used to do a few races in the southeast during his college days. I talked to him once and similarly he went around 1:37-38 for the 200.//

Cam Widoff, the king of Wildflower during his decade of reign. He was virtually unbeatable there, like Jesse Thomas has been the last decade. But I find it very surprising that he was a 1;37 200 freestyler. If he was, he hid it well in triathlon. I dont recall him ever showing that kind of speed, but perhaps he was just really pacing well, or a bad OW swimmer. Guys that fast you expect to be 48 on the old Kona swim, up there with Wolfgang. Are you sure about those times???
Quote Reply
Re: What is up with Cam Dye? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I will interview a few other folks along those lines.

Lauren Brandon for one

Ya, I'd love to see an interview with Lauren.

Quote Reply
Re: What is up with Cam Dye? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Don't know if you will recall Cameron Widoff, a pro from the 90s/00s, but he used to do a few races in the southeast during his college days. I talked to him once and similarly he went around 1:37-38 for the 200.//

Cam Widoff, the king of Wildflower during his decade of reign. He was virtually unbeatable there, like Jesse Thomas has been the last decade. But I find it very surprising that he was a 1;37 200 freestyler. If he was, he hid it well in triathlon. I don't recall him ever showing that kind of speed, but perhaps he was just really pacing well, or a bad OW swimmer. Guys that fast you expect to be 48 on the old Kona swim, up there with Wolfgang. Are you sure about those times???

Well, I can recall very distinctly our conversation after a local Tenn race back around 1990-ish when he was in college. He said "my 200 is around 1:37-38...", then I said "Really???", and he said "Yeah, it's down there... ." Most conversations don't stay in my memory for 28 yrs but that one has.

Quote Reply