Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is the most effective ad campaign/endorsement you have ever personally been a 'victim' of?
Quote | Reply
Was talking about this with some friends and was curious to see which ads or advertisement methods have been most effective on this crowd. Doesn't necessarily have to be triathlon related.

For me the Snickers "Hungry?" campaign is just incredibly effective. Sure Snickers is just candy but if I'm hungry and there is a vending machine nearby I'm going to go for a snickers before Twix or something of that sort, even though I like Twix more.

And then on the triathlon side I've always wanted a Roka wetsuit primarily because Lucy Charles swims in them. I know that for products like that (or bikes) the correlation does not equal causation but its hard to ignore one of the best female triathlete swimmers in the world swimming in that wetsuit.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: What is the most effective ad campaign/endorsement you have ever personally been a 'victim' of? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The marketing strategy which uses clean websites that load quickly, and where you're readily presented with useful and readable product specifications.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the most effective ad campaign/endorsement you have ever personally been a 'victim' of? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a USPS Trek OCLV....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The strategy of targeted social media ads has been pretty effective on me recently. There are a few products that I love that I only discovered because they popped up on IG and I clicked on them - particularly Allbirds shoes and Birddogs shorts. It's not the content of the advertising so much as a good product that is well-targeted. TV commercials are largely useless and rarely convince me to try a product or service.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the most effective ad campaign/endorsement you have ever personally been a 'victim' of? [HTupolev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HTupolev wrote:
The marketing strategy which uses clean websites that load quickly, and where you're readily presented with useful and readable product specifications.

Why would you want that when you can have a picture that is slightly bigger than your screen that gives no useful information. They could even add text that fades in and out depending on how exactly you scroll?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
granted, i've always liked Canyon bikes (liked their Aeroad and new XC MTB bikes), but this really makes me want to get my next bike from them

Last edited by: echappist: May 31, 19 11:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The powerbalance bracelet. Back in ~2009/2010.

I swore by the one I had. Gave me super powers. Not.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the most effective ad campaign/endorsement you have ever personally been a 'victim' of? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder where I put my Livestrong wristband?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Binachi or really just the color Celeste drew me towards their bikes. that's all. It was damn effective too.

Trackie

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slap chop guy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ST forum posts telling me my training is worthless without a direct drive trainer. /partialpink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
POWERCRANKS!!!!!!!! </thread>

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most effective endorsement - slowman on Hoka One Ones.. but that's very different from an ad campaign.

can't offhand think of an ad campaign that worked for me.. tend to prefer the neurotic over-analysis of data ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Base Performance Salt product. its the exact same thing as what you get at costco or on amazon for 20x the price. oops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How have I gotten marketed...lately I don't watch a lot of TV, so couldn't tell you. Cap'n Crunch had great commercials. Oooo...Girl Scout cookies. I was a boy scout and selling pop corn was just really bad, and now when I see the awkward boy scout at the grocery they're fumbling and can't make a sale, perhaps I need to be charitable?

When it comes to triathlon equipment. I resisted, but Zwift and a Wahoo Kickr.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lemond/Molina/Tinley in Oakleys.

Couldn't afford a pair back then, but damn I wanted some. Years later (and more disposable $$), Oakleys are still my sunglasses of choice.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: What is the most effective ad campaign/endorsement you have ever personally been a 'victim' of? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Comparison articles or bike/shoes/wheel counts stuff at the Kona.
For example, fastest bike tire comparison, aero numbers and whatnot.
I think it's more effective than some catch phrase to me.
I can see the trend, what works for other people and figure out best bang for the buck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find all of Canyon's branding, execution, and their business model to be incredibly effective in making me want to buy everything they sell. I've watched GCN's tour of their factory three times. I think the design of the logo is perfect, especially how it is placed on certain frames. The website is also really well done.

Just got my Aeroad in the other day and every detail about the box and the way it was packaged makes it feel like they really give a shit and know what they are doing. It also took only 48 hours to arrive at my door with standard shipping and they didn't charge tax, which saved several hundred dollars alone. All of that in addition to the quality of the product (as far as I can tell so far) will probably have me buying a few more bikes from them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fell for Taren's cordiceps plug. I didn't get Four Sigmatic, but I ordered a bag from Bulk Supplements on Amazon about 1 year ago. 75% of the bag is still in my cupboard.

And I am currently head of heels for Dan Plews' LCHF diet. I'm enrolled in his course and I really want to try it.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the most effective ad campaign/endorsement you have ever personally been a 'victim' of? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just go paleo bro

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spirulina. I watch the vegan cyclist YouTube channel and his enthusiasm for it convinced me. Ordered several month’s supply of SP2 Life and lost interest after a month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marriage.

Someone else is always the better half. Finish last where ever you go.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply