Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What is the best home made recovery drink ? [applesauce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What do you guys think about chocolate soy milk. Not for the organic deal but for those of us who are lactose intolerant.

I do chocolate soy milk also. Its great. Has a tad less protein than cow's milk though. I like to toss in a bannana/peanut butter/scoop of protein sometimes just for kicks, but usually its just a glass of choco soy milk.

Its cheaper than cow's milk and I like to believe a tad healthier and easier on my stomach. I've never had lactose intollerance issues though. I almost went back to drinking cows milk just becuase the anti-dairy people piss me off so much. Stupid freaks.

Quote Reply
Re: What is the best home made recovery drink ? [kylamonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, all of you that are drinking chocolate milk, whatre you using as mix? Ovaltine or what? Also, you all are specifying low fat/ skim but I drink whole milk and just can not drink anything else. Im 6'3" and 145 and have a metabolism thats insane. Im assuming Ill be good mixing up some chocolate with the whole as my recovery drink? If choco milk is the best recovery drink out there, Ill be extremely happy as Ill spend so much less on milk and mix than the special mixes and stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best home made recovery drink ? [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bourbon by the bottle
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best home made recovery drink ? [Auswithspirit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i thought the whole point was to have high gylcemic index foods, why is everyone here saying they drink milk? it is very low glycemic even with the obscene amount of sugar that is in junk food like chocolate milk
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best home made recovery drink ? [Liarspoker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
been using choclate milk as other have mentioned but have also used some non home made non traditional recovery drinks in ensure or slim fast when i am on the road and can't get my hands on chocalate milk, both work well, if you are looking to cut the carbs slimfast is probably better
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best home made recovery drink ? [Liarspoker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
protein whey isolate with either:

water-if you dont want carbs
milk- if you want a few carbs
chocolate milk- if you want a good amount of carbs or just love the good ole taste of it

or if you could eat normally that would probably be a better option. sometimes making a quick shake before hitting the shower is more effective.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best home made recovery drink ? [viggen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ovaltine Rich Chocolate with skim milk.*,** I've been a runner my whole life (speed crawler, much to my parents' dismay), drank the stuff my whole life, & I just never recover from intense workouts the same without the stuff. (Occasionally, beer for a quick carb infusion, when I feel like I can't handle the intense chocolate flavor.) It's become crucial since I took up ultras and tris.

* You can def go for the whole milk stuff, but you're probably going to want fewer scoops, since it'll taste a lot creamier with whole to begin with (but that cuts the nutrients you're pulling from mixing the powder in).
** The other flavors (& syrups -ick!) don't have the same nutrient balance, don't seem to have the same effect & don't taste as good.
Quote Reply

Prev Next