Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is kona's age group all time bike split record
Quote | Reply
I'm finding multiple things online some of which is conflicting does anybody have a solid time.
Quote Reply
Re: What is kona's age group all time bike split record [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I'm finding multiple things online some of which is conflicting does anybody have a solid time.
With a decent marathon after or walking OK?
Quote Reply
Re: What is kona's age group all time bike split record [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats easy, just go back a couple years and look at the fastest that day, every record on the books was broken that day for cycling, probably in every AG. And the AG overall swim was broken, which just happened to break the pro record too, but different shorter course from the old one, so perhaps just a new record next to the old retired one....
Quote Reply
Re: What is kona's age group all time bike split record [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
With a decent marathon after or walking OK?

Just the best bike split. Regardless of what happens afterwards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryan McCrystal was rapid as an AG'er maybe 3/4 years ago?
Quote Reply
Re: What is kona's age group all time bike split record [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've often thought about cruising a swim and then crushing the bike followed by a death march just to see what I can do.

But that also sounds awful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at 2018 results. Regarded as the fastest conditions ever hands down. Then don’t forget to post what you found here!
Quote Reply
Re: What is kona's age group all time bike split record [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Thats easy, just go back a couple years and look at the fastest that day, every record on the books was broken that day for cycling, probably in every AG. And the AG overall swim was broken, which just happened to break the pro record too, but different shorter course from the old one, so perhaps just a new record next to the old retired one....

However we want to slice and dice this discussion in my mind the following are the age group bike and overall course record holders

1. Natasha Badmann
  2. Cam Brown

They just happen to be wearing pro bibs, but they are more ancient than half the age group field anyway
Quote Reply
Re: What is kona's age group all time bike split record [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
monty wrote:

However we want to slice and dice this discussion in my mind the following are the age group bike and overall course record holders

1. Natasha Badmann
  2. Cam Brown

They just happen to be wearing pro bibs, but they are more ancient than half the age group field anyway

Year and bike time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
monty wrote:

1. Natasha Badmann
  2. Cam Brown

Year and bike time?

Who cares....they beat every age grouper in the field every year they raced as pros (to my knowledge) when they were above 40. Case closed. And today Crowie is ripping up 70.3's as a 45 year old.

All this age group slicing and dicing is bogus.

They should just have an open division under 40, then you can have awards for 5 year age groups after that, but if the fastest times are in the pro field, then the pseudo 40 year old pros racing age group that got beaten by pros who are just as old have all the responsibilities of age groupers and race pro deserve the glory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plus the over 40 pros have tougher draft rules and they are drug tested.
Quote Reply
Re: What is kona's age group all time bike split record [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
monty wrote:

1. Natasha Badmann
  2. Cam Brown

Year and bike time?

Who cares....they beat every age grouper in the field every year they raced as pros (to my knowledge) when they were above 40. Case closed. And today Crowie is ripping up 70.3's as a 45 year old.

All this age group slicing and dicing is bogus.

They should just have an open division under 40, then you can have awards for 5 year age groups after that, but if the fastest times are in the pro field, then the pseudo 40 year old pros racing age group that got beaten by pros who are just as old have all the responsibilities of age groupers and race pro deserve the glory.

Yeah I'm not looking for an individual age group bike split. I am looking for the best non pro bike split ever at Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vinokurov? 4:18 in 2018.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: What is kona's age group all time bike split record [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
since we are getting into specific groups.... the answer shall be 8:01

ridden on this:

[/size][/font]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vinokurov? 4:18 in 2018. //

Well there you go. An ex pro bike racer, younger than some pro triathletes still racing Kona, no doubt doped to the gills, but not a pro triathlete. IS that what you were looking for???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Well there you go. An ex pro bike racer, younger than some pro triathletes still racing Kona, no doubt doped to the gills, but not a pro triathlete. IS that what you were looking for???

A 40+ Lance would have destroyed vino....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, but he would have been racing pro
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

It doesn't matter to me the how the why or The who just what the number is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

An over 40 pro to me is an age grouper with a pro bib.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't matter to me the how the why or The who just what the number is. //

Well then you got it, a doped to the gills AG triathlete, on the most wind aided day in the history of Kona, goes a 4;18. You better start training...(-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
monty wrote:

An over 40 pro to me is an age grouper with a pro bib.

Yea...but they're not. In any way.
Quote Reply
Re: What is kona's age group all time bike split record [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
since we are getting into specific groups.... the answer shall be 8:01

ridden on this:

[/size][/font]

Wow, that's like every bad decision you can make rolled into one bike!

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, here are the ten fastest bike splits by non PRO racers since 2010 (included), all but one were from 2018.

Name Country Bike AgeGroup Year
Vinokurov, Alexander KAZ 04:18:06 45 to 49 2018
Kurc Boucau, Quentin FRA 04:24:09 30 to 34 2018
Jørgensen, Morten DNK 04:24:38 30 to 34 2018
Sapieha, Nicolas BEL 04:25:18 30 to 34 2018
Van Meirhaeghe, Jef BEL 04:25:47 25 to 29 2018
Margot, Arnaud CHE 04:27:30 30 to 34 2018
Svenningsson, Rasmus SWE 04:28:08 25 to 29 2018
Vesty, Brendon NZL 04:28:46 45 to 49 2018
Ibert, Lasse DEU 04:29:11 30 to 34 2018
Mccrystal, Bryan IRL 04:29:14 35 to 39 2016
Last edited by: TriStart: Aug 15, 19 5:43