Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What do you wear to Zwift?
Quote | Reply
Looking youtube videos, seems like a lot of folks just ride in bibs (plus jogbras for the women) while some go with traditional summer cycling jersey/bibs. Obviously the environment and clothing needs are different indoors, so what's your Zwift kit?

Right now I'm running:
-Older bibs with crash rips (since fashion doesn't matter)
-UnderArmour Heatgear long sleeve top (super thin and spreads out the sweat so I'm less drippy
-Short socks (long ones just get too hot)
-Cycling cap

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear to Zwift? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I’m streaming, socks, bibs and summer baselayer. If I’m not streaming then just socks and bibs with my Stanley blower fan keeping me cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride on zwift in bike shorts, no socks, no shirt, bedroom window open, industrial blower for air flow.
I run on zwift in shorts, socks, no shirt, garage door open, 2 industrial blowers for air flow.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bibs + base layer; socks and shoes. Both in the summer and in the winter

A few months ago I set the room temperature a bit low and actually needed toe warmers...

One industrial blower + a regular fan. Lately had to wear sunglasses (with the clear lens) while riding, as the dry air from the blower makes my eyes uncomfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bib. socks. headband made from an old t-shirt sleeve.

I look eerily similar to Tony Perkis while riding.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only bibs and socks for me. Don't really see the point in anything else. A shirt might help some sweat from dripping down onto my bike and floor but I put a towel on the floor and a smaller towel over my stem and top tube to catch sweat. Been working pretty well for me so far.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear to Zwift? [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
I ride on zwift in bike shorts, no socks, no shirt, bedroom window open, industrial blower for air flow.
I run on zwift in shorts, socks, no shirt, garage door open, 2 industrial blowers for air flow.

Same for me on the bike but on the run I'm on a treadmill at the Rec Center so I have to wear a shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear to Zwift? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if you are streaming, do other actually see a live version of you??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rotate through several bib shorts that are so old and worn out they have rips, tears, and holes everywhere. I stopped wearing these bibs in public several years ago, but the pads are still good. No shirt, but I absolutely need a headband to catch sweat (even with two fans blowing). Plastic trash bag and a towel covering the bars, stem, headset, and top tube. Two more towels nearby; one to wipe sweat from my face, the other to catch sweat from the headband when I wring it out every 10 minutes or so. The whole trainer setup is on a yoga mat and towel to catch any sweat that misses the various other towels.

Did I mention I'm a heavy sweater? My gym stopped providing fans a couple of years ago when they moved to a brand new building...citing a trip hazard caused by the cords. When I run on the treadmills there, I fling sweat drops from my elbows into two puddles on the floor behind the treadmill (which ironically appears to me to be a trip hazard).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prom dress and fashion pumps.

Sorry, that was the 1st thing that came to mind when I read the thread title.

Depends on the temp in the room. When it's colder I need to wear a shirt otherwise the fan is too cold but I can't not use a fan or I'll drown in my own sweat. When it's warmer, just a sports bra on top. I also use a doo rag to keep my hair out of my face. I have a band with a channel to direct sweat that I liked when my hair was long enough to be held completely off me by tying it up in a bun. Now that it's shorter, I need more fabric to keep my hair from touching me.

Socks? ? I only wear those when outside and it's cold. Inside, never.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear to Zwift? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have some cycling shorts i used before i got into endurance so i just wear those (not bibs) and a wagon tikr
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually just bibs or a pair of cycling/tri shorts. Plus a headband about half the time. Which bibs/shorts depends on how long a ride and if there’s a run right after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skinsuit, aero helmet (either clear shield or mirrored depending on whether it's sunny or night time in te anu, obviously), shoe covers if on the TT bike. If on the road bike, whatever I can to minimize weight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear old bibs and I prefer a jersey - partly for the pockets and mostly for sweat management. I ride either in my garage or patio here in SoCal - I don’t need fans . I don’t go to spin classes as much anymore but I wore the same then.. a tight-fitting Jersey feels much better than a loose T because I don’t have a cold wet shirt swinging against me.

As a middle-aged dude carrying a few extra kilos - my best look is not hunched over and shirtless on a bike 🤨

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uninsulated detached garage, so right now it's one of a few pairs of "retired" bibs/shorts and an old race t-shirt (long- or short-sleeve depending on temperature).
Summer, just bibs/shorts and start in a sleeveless tech shirt or old running tank/singlet which usually gets discarded at some point during the ride (the top, not the bibs).
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear to Zwift? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Normal road kit. It wicks and captures sweat into the air so too much doesn’t go on floor or bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Riding on Zwift cycling shorts, shoes, sometimes socks and sometimes an athletic shirt. Running on Zwift I wear running shorts, shoes, sometimes socks and sometimes a shirt. I have a 20" lasko fan set to medium usually to keep me cool enough.

Has anyone found a set of bibs with more of a tri style chamois? Having troubles finding a set so I can wear bibs instead of cycling shorts. Don't want a typical road chamois because it is to thick.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear to Zwift? [deevo439] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cycle or tri shorts and 1980's white John McEnroe headband - no shirt, of course. Always a scary sight when my kids bring friends home via the basement. Of course, its even worse when I'm on the treadmill - same headband, but just boxers, not shorts...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear a banana hammock and nipple tassels (they help prevent wind burn).

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear to Zwift? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
So if you are streaming, do other actually see a live version of you??

That is correct. Using the OSB software folks on Zwift typically have a camera on the person actually riding and showing the Zwift screen. Some fancier versions include mics, green screens, etc. you can see a couple random examples below.

Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear to Zwift? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty much the same as you - the detached garage in winter ain't too much fun.
My general summer or winter is bib or tri shorts with a long sleeve. Always socks and gloves.

Sweat GutR as a sweatband (I end up sweating too much for using just one cotton headband)

In winter, I start with a gilet and a beanie to stay warm for easy sessions (30 mins it took to get them off this morning).

Fans: vorteq fan and an 18 inch metal fan in winter, in summer, I think I need a blower!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People actually watch other people ride a trainer?????
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear to Zwift? [deevo439] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deevo439 wrote:
Riding on Zwift cycling shorts, shoes, sometimes socks and sometimes an athletic shirt. Running on Zwift I wear running shorts, shoes, sometimes socks and sometimes a shirt. I have a 20" lasko fan set to medium usually to keep me cool enough.

Has anyone found a set of bibs with more of a tri style chamois? Having troubles finding a set so I can wear bibs instead of cycling shorts. Don't want a typical road chamois because it is to thick.

I think De Soto still makes a tri bib. Castelli did in 2014, but no longer.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't believe you added a picture of Weiss ;)

OP I wear bib shorts and Injinji socks. My "teammate" (haha, Zwift teammate) turned me on to them and they are a game-changer.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you wear to Zwift? [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL "when riding the trainer isn't boring enough for you!"
Quote Reply

Prev Next